TEN

DAY TEN: LEE DONGHYUCK¹

꒰ HYUCK 🎀 IS CALLING YOU. ꒱

Jiha leaned in closer to her screen just to see if what she’s witnessing right now is real.

Turns out, it’s real.

She scoffed lightly and tossed her phone gently on her mattress, tired and puffy eyes not helping her situation the slightest bit.

Maybe she was pathetic for crying her whole evening away about Donghyuck and the whole ordeal about her departure from Seoul in a few days. Maybe she was pathetic for letting her heart control over her too much, even if she knew she was going to get crushed in the end. Maybe she was pathetic for agreeing to do this fucking job even if she knew her heart would break and she’d be drowning in her bitterness once she goes home.

Maybe Kwon Jiha fell too deep in Lee Donghyuck.

Jiha let the call fall into voicemail, her phone blinking black and white.

The room feels small all of a sudden, to the point where it felt suffocating. She’s been dying to go outside for hours now, she knew her aunt wouldn’t worry, but her legs just won’t allow her to get up. Getting ready, walking to her desired location — her mind is too exhausted to even think about doing such things.

Her phone vibrated, and Jiha picked it up to see Donghyuck’s caller ID again. She dropped her phone to the side and rolled to her stomach, her chin dropping to the Rilakumma plushie he had given her last year as birthday present.

Why did it have to be Donghyuck? Jiha would always think. Why couldn’t it be someone else?

She’d always think that she’d rather fall in love with someone else than fall in love with her best friend, but her heart would always say the opposite.

Kwon Jiha’s heart cannot bear the thought of it falling in love with someone else other than Donghyuck. Was it his smile? His laugh? The way he’d pout cutely whenever he didn’t get he wants? What did Donghyuck have that made Jiha so attached to him?

And Jiha thought; everything.

Donghyuck had everything at the palm of his hands. His eyes are stars when they light up and his skin golden. His laugh is a melody all on itself. He’s a treasure. He’s always quirky, sassy, and cute, but he’s so devoted to his work. It’s like you can’t pull him out once he started singing and dancing. He would give it his all.

Jiha is so in love with Lee Donghyuck, you’d think she would explode one day because of the intensity of it all.

It was sudden.

One day while playing hopscotch in her home in Yeoseodo, fresh from their joined fourteenth birthday party, Jiha just felt butterflies once Donghyuck looked at her, touched her hand and leaned in close to take the leaf out of her hair he was laughing about for the past five minutes like it was nothing to him that their eyes are on-level, her heavy breaths fanning his face.

And isn’t it pathetic?

Jiha has been spending the last four years of her life with an aching heart and her feelings being pushed aside constantly. She has been spending four years of her life falling in love with a person who can’t even look at her in the same way more and more each day.

With a sigh, her phone went to voicemail again, and Jiha picked it up. She’s ready to confess. She’s ready to say what she’s been feeling and what she’s been cooping up inside of herself for so long. Besides, she’ll be leaving anyways.

Jiha took a few deep breaths, trying to calm her racing heart against her chest. She could feel her ears pump with the following embarrassment ahead of her fate.

Once Donghyuck called again, she took another deep breath and exhaled loudly. Jiha swiped the green shaking button that said ACCEPT CALL.

HERE GOES NOTHING.

this chapter is a love letter to Lee donghyuck. bye.

‘ heaven ’ is coming to an end soon ! thank u for
reading if u ever did n for supporting this book even tho it sucks uwu 💕