Stay

"Shall we sit?" David asks but already does so before I can answer.

I sit down next to him, both of our backs lent against the tree trunk and we watch the day go by.

"There's not a lot of people around, do you often get noticed?" I ask trying not to sound as if I'm degrading him.

He chuckles "Well yes quite a lot, even more so, since after the tour. But Beckenham is often quiet on hot days like this - people go to the seaside. And besides, not many people know I live around here. They assume I have wads of money and choose to live somewhere big and exciting." He explains, the delicate breeze dancing through his red, flamy hair.

"Oh,  so why do you live here then?"

"Well it's the area I grew up in, as well as Brixton of course and after doing many nights of gigs in foreign new places, it's nice coming home to somewhere that gives me proper comfort." He says, his British accent as strong as ever.

I nod in agreement.

"Yeah, I understand. And as much as I love to travel and discover new locations, nothing will ever beat where I live - even if all there is, is a couple church and one small beach" I laugh.

He laughs too and he shifts his body so he is facing me. I look into his eyes and notice that they are not discolored at all. They're both in fact blue but one pupil is larger, making it appear more grey. I'm compelled by him more, every, damn second.

A humid, gust of wind blows a couple strands of hair into my face and without hesitation, David moves them back behind my ears. I blush and look down shyly.

"What is it?" He asks and I hear him grin.

I face him again.

"Nothing" I sigh.

"What are you doing about tonight? You know there's no need to find a hotel?" He tells me.

"What do you mean? Edward and I need somewhere to stay" I say, confused.

"You don't need to. You can stay with us" He says and waits for my response.

Oh. My. God. Well I literally don't know what to say. Okay who am I kidding? Obviously I'd love to stay with him.

"Are you sure? That's too much David I-"

"No honestly, I want you to. Stay as long as you need to. I was thinking of asking you earlier anyway during breakfast"

He just said he wants me to stay? I didn't see this coming. I can feel my heart fluttering.

"Well if you really want me to, of course I will! Thank you David, that's so generous."

"Well,  I'd also love to spend more time with you" He says smugly and winks as I look at him.

2 hours later

David and so have been speaking for so long but it feels like only minutes. I don't even remember what we've been speaking about but we haven't stopped and I'm beginning to feel so comfortable around him.

Curious, I look down to my wrist watch and it reads 5:32pm. Woah, I guess we really have been lost in conversation.

"Shall we head back now, I need to tell Edward about staying with you all" I say and David looks slightly disappointed.

"Oh yes, sorry I lost track of the time." He says, in between his third or fourth cigarette.

"Thank-you for showing me around. It was so, very sweet of you"

He blushes and it makes me realise just how shy he is, which is really surprising because on stage he appears to be so confident. I like that I've seen this side to him though.

After 20 minutes we arrive back at the house and everyone is back home too.

I walk up the stairs to be greeted with Mick, Woody and Ed at the table, sitting in silence. They look at us wide eyed and interested as to where we've been.

"Where on earth have you guys been?" Mick cries.

"Well, I decided to take Melanie out around the area so we went on a walk and I suppose, forgot about the time." David explains, cooly.

"Mel I need to speak to you privately, is that okay?" Ed asks.

I nod confused and we make out way to my room.

His eyes are glassy and his brows are furrowed with a deep concern.

"Ed, Are you alright?" I ask and take his hand. I've seen him like this, once or twice before and it wasn't for anything good.

"No not really. My sister got into a car crash this afternoon and she's in hospital. I found out when I rang my Mum earlier and she said she was stable but I'm sorry, I still have to go"

I don't say anything, instead I just hug him so tight and I feel him sob.

"Eddy, I'm so sorry. When did you find out?" I ask keeping the hug, until Ed pulls it apart.

"Just before you got back - we were waiting for you around the table and you got back just in time" He explains.

I feel so heartbroken for him. He's so sensitive really and I hate to see my best friend so upset.

"Well, you know I'm coming with you?" I say - I can't leave him.

"What? No! Mel you have to stay. This is your chance to have the time of your life and I would do anything for you to stay. I'll be alright and I'll ring you as soon as I get back. You'll be okay here, I promise" he reassures me with his hands in my shoulders.

"Only if you're sure. I just want you to be okay"

"I'll be fine, you have to stay here" Edward says.

I hug him again, so thankful for having him in my life.