A Day of Adrenaline

Melanie's POV - 9:15am :

The morning eventually returns and I wake up with only one thought whizzing around my mind - The date. A fast rush of butterflies swarm around my stomach and I shoot out of bed, ready to start the day in hope that it goes well. I walk to the bathroom and slip out of my clothes, before taking a long soothing shower. As the water runs over my head I think back to last night, to the kiss and still can't believe it wasn't a dream. The way it happened was so perfect.

After showering, I apply minimal makeup and get dressed. I decide to wear a white, lace patterned, button up vest with a pair of baby pink, corduroy trousers. I leave my damp hair down to dry and make my way to the kitchen where I see Mick and David sat around the table. Mick nods hello my way but is concentrating mostly on David who is on the telephone. I try and listen to what he's saying.

"And yes, that'll have to wait also. With all that's going  on - no there's not a chance we can do the gig and besides I'm busy all day today - I'm going out for dinner tonight - well anyway thank you for sorting that out. I'll see you soon - alright - goodbye." He puts the phone down and sighs. But he seems to be relived.

"How did it go" Mick says.

"I let him go. Tony let him know for me so it's sorted now. Apparently he was thinking about quitting anyway."

"Well what about his stuff ?"

"Trev said he'd come by later to collect it, I doubt he'll be staying here much longer, besides Woody was planning on moving in with his girlfriend soon anyway." David says and then looks up and finally notices me.

His eyes become brighter and he smiles widely. I smile back and join them both at the table, pouring myself some cereal.

"Good morning. So who were you on the phone to? It sounded important" I ask as I take a mouthful of Cheerios.

"Well, it was about Woody, I've decided to drop him from the band" He says.

"Oh" I reply - I don't really know about the whole situation so I can't really give my opinion.

"And what about the gig? What will happen now?" I continue.

"I had to cancel that too, we're just focusing on the new album now. We've only got two weeks until we leave for France." He finishes.

After breakfast Mick leaves to spend the day with his girlfriend Suzi. As soon as the door closes David looks up from his newspaper and smirks, making me blush.

"What is it?" I chuckle shyly.

"You look lovely" He says as he lights a cigarette and my heart begins to beat to its usual pace when I'm around him.

"Well, thank you" I say and look down as my cheeks redden.
_____________________________________

I help him with the washing up. We don't really discuss last night but I can tell it's both on our minds. I want him to kiss me again or maybe me kiss him but I can't bring myself to do so.

As I'm drying up the last mug I feel two hands rest gently in either of my shoulders. I turn around and David is there, gazing at me. I gaze back for a bit until the moment I've been waiting for happens. He presses his lips against mine and I kiss him back, his arms now hugging my waist. Our mouths move in motion and every nerve in my body tingles as he grips my hair. Finally we break apart before things get heated ( damn it ) and I lean my forehead against his. I love his scent - smoky but mixed with sweet innocence. It's such a unique smell, almost indescribable. We stay like this for a moment.

"I'm looking forward to tonight" he whispers.

"Me too, I can't wait" I reply and gently peck his lips.

"Can you be ready tonight for 7? I want to spend as much time with you as I can" he asks stroking my hair.

"Of course" I say and kiss him once more.

_____

The rest of the day moves swiftly. I spend most of my time reading. I also find time to ring my Mother and let her know how I am. I tell her that I've met someone but I don't say who, not yet. As well as that, also manage to get a hold of Ed and I'm ecstatic when he answers. Luckily for him, his sister has nearly recovered and he was sad to come home but is happy that I'm enjoying myself too. Oh , and he freaked out when I told him about the kiss, he was so excited about it.

"Anyway I have to go, David asked me out on a date tonight and I need to get ready!" I chirp.

"I'm so happy for you Mel, you deserve to have the best time, tell me how it goes later!"

"Will do, bye."

I put the phone down and head over to the chest of drawers containing my clothes. Luckily I bought evening clothes as Ed and I planned to go out whilst being here. I rummage through, until I settle with a red satin dress that ends just above my knees.
__
( Here's what it looks like )

I apply more makeup than I usually do

I apply more makeup than I usually do. Mascara as well as thin eyeliner, blush, powder and some nude lipstick. Then I slip on the dress which fits my figure perfectly and as I see myself in the mirror, I gasp. I've never seen myself so dressed up - especially as I'm only 19 and I was saving this dress for something special. I actually really like how I look and feel a burst of confidence and excitement.

Finally I style my hair. Normally I just wear it down frizzy but then I remember David saying how he liked it when it was straight, so I decide to do that. I check the clock and it's 6:52pm. Shit - okay I need to hurry. I slide my feet into a pair of black strapped heels and also put on some silver jewellery. I think I'm ready to go.

I take a deep breath gulping back my slight nerves and make my way to the lounge to meet David. He's not there so I momentarily pace around the room.

"Melanie, are you ready to - oh my god - Melanie - you look absolutely incredible."

I look up to see David and he's looks so handsome . He's wearing a black tux with a bow tie and his hair is styled beautifully. I'm shocked. I've never seen him wear something like this. I'm used to seeing the bright colours. This is so different but it's suits him so well. I'm in awe.

"David! So do you, wow... I love the tux" I gasp and he plants a kiss on my cheek and takes my arm.

"Shall we go? There's a car waiting for us outside."

Woah he really planned this properly.

"Yes! Let's go" I reply and we make our way out of the house and towards a night, I'm hoping I'll never forget.

A/N:

Hey guys ! I'm sorry I haven't been active lately with uploading but I'm back now and I'm so excited to continue my story. I can't guarantee that there will be a new chapter each day but I'll try to post as often as I can <3
___
I also wanted to let those of you who don't know already that I have a fan page on Instagram called @ohhboybowie and would appreciate if you could check it out and I'd love to speak to you all on there as well !
___
let me know what you think of my story too , ily xxx