Milkshakes Cold and Long

Hey guys, I had so much fun writing this part, I hope you enjoy reading it , ps it's kinda lengthy ! <3
-
-
-
David's POV:

I lead Melanie down the stairs. Outside, a black car is waiting for us and I open the door letting her in first. I sit next to her and give the driver the address to the chosen restaurant. We begin the drive and I look over at Mel who is glistening and I can tell she's excited.

"So where are we going?" She asks with a glint in her eyes.

"You'll see, darling" I reply sweetly.

We drive for a while longer until we pull up at Le Gavroche. I exit the car and the driver opens the door for Melanie. I decided to treat her and take her to one of the best restaurants there is. Not normally my sort of hangout but I decided to make an effort for my date.

"David, this looks amazing" She gasps but then her face falls to doubt.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" I ask taking her hand.

"It's just, this is so different to anything I'm used to, I almost feel like I don't belong here." She sighs.

"Melanie, you look beautiful and this place was made for you. If anyone doesn't belong here, it's me. I think you'll love it. But of course, we don't have to stay ." I offer but hope secretly that she denies it.

"No, I want to stay, thank you David"

I hold her hand and lead her up the steps of the grand building and we enter through the large glass doors, to be taken to our reserved seats.

Melanie's POV:

I don't think I've ever felt more special being here. The waiter leads David and I through an array of important high class guests. The restaurant is lowly lit and the tables which are draped with cream cloths, sparkle, with metal cutlery and fine dining tableware. I can't help but feel important being here and I walk with a subtle strut, embracing the moment.

Eventually we are seated at our table which turns out to be a booth hidden towards the back of the restaurant. We are so hidden from everyone else I feel as though we aren't here at all. It's like our own comfy place.

"Well, this place certainly is fancy, a bit too fancy maybe !" David chuckles.

"No no, it's perfect. Surely you've been to places like this before ?" I wonder as he seems almost as shocked as I am.

He furrows his eyebrows and answers " Oh, many times, so much that it sometimes makes me miss what it used to be like. I'll never get used to the luxuries I receive, no matter what they are. You can't really buy much with fame, at least not happiness or love" He goes on and I feel bad for him for some reason. Is he not happy ?

"But you're here now... with me, aren't you happy ?" I bravely ask.

He laughs before saying "Melanie darling, this is the happiest I've been for a while" and I feel honoured, I love that he calls me by my name, it makes me feel closer to him. I can't help but blush.

We lock eyes and I can feel the sort of electric current I felt last night, but before we're able able to kiss, we're interrupted.

"Are you both ready to order?" the waiter asks, looking as awkward as ever.

"Um, do you mind if we have a couple more minutes?" I ask and with a nod of the waiter, David and I are alone again.

We both chuckle and decide what to eat. The menu is in so much detail with things I've never heard of before. We finally settle on our food, both traditional French dishes, David orders the Confit de Canard and I choose Ratatouille.