00. A Glimpse of the Future

"Maggie is exceptional. Unprecedented. What she can do is – is incomparable to anything I've ever seen in my life,"

He was unable to hold the unbridled excitement bubbling in his gut. His tone was rich with unadulterated passion and fascination that he held unwaveringly for Maggie Lucins.

Looking up, his eyes narrowed at the cloaked figure several yards away. His eyes were not designed to see like the others, but he managed to catch the person physically flinch when he mentioned her name.

The body lingered under the shadowy protection of the forest's canopy. He had been in contact with this person for days now. Their name and face remained unknown to him; however, he had faith this person would be the key to controlling Maggie.

When the person did not choose to reply, he began to speak again.

A maniacal laugh began to bubble, deep at his core and escaped his lips boisterously, "She could do so much; make those every supernatural being who believe they are utterly superior," He spat in a murderous voice, "become inferior."

Years of hiding his dangerous, fanatical desires had now made him insane.

His lips curved into a wicked smirk, "If you help me get close to her, and get rid of those people she calls friends – who she blindly loves –then I promise that I will control everything she does."

With strong conviction, he finished, "I will not let her slip from my grasp like before."

His chest heaved up and down, laboured breaths created white puffs of cold air. His cold, ominous eyes stared directly at the slowly approaching figure.

Each step they took was calculated but slow. Like a beast prowling around its prey.

There was a sudden shift in the Alaskan air; he could feel it and his body tensed immediately.

The darkness of the moonless night cast shadows over their pale skin as they finally came to a stop. Hands clenched into tight fists and bright eyes sparked with fierceness, and finally, they spoke – utterly levelled and determined.

"I will never be controlled by you again."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

STATUS: EDITED