09. His True Nature Unveiled

EMMETT RECOILED BACK at the intense scream that ripped the girl's throat raw and pierces his hyper-sensitive ears. The predatory yellow eyes began to slowly dissipate and turn back to its original green colour. Only golden flecks remained swimming around in the pool of deep green – the smallest clue to his true nature.

Maggie kicked her legs as much as she could in a futile attempt to put some distance between them. Emmett backed up as he muttered profanities in a strange language.

Then he spoke, "I'm sorry. My control its –" He let out a snide chuckle, his shoulders moving slightly. "It's never been my strongest trait," His teeth glinted in the light as he flashed a grin. "I'm sure you know that by now,"

He began to assess Maggie carefully. Her doe-brown eyes were tightly closed; hiding from him. Her pale, freezing body was littered with bruises and the scent of blood assaulted his senses.

Emmett inhaled deeply, a content feeling in his stomach followed as the familiar aroma reached him.

Fear.

The unhinged beast inside him yearned to see her eyes tear up; hear her scream in agony and watch fresh blood drip over the skin of her bare body.

He revelled at the vision – one that he would soon make true.

Emmett was very pleased with the arrival of Maggie Lucins. It had been so long since he had enjoyed human company for someone as lovely as her. He naturally isolated himself from the others, which only amplified his dark impulsions. His restraint easily weakened at the sight of her.

When he caught the waft of Maggie's pleasing, tangible scent. He shuddered quietly to himself at the memory. He instantly knew that he just had to have some time with her. And now he had this small, enticing girl in his possession. Belonging to him.

Seeing her in the flesh in her home made him want to lunge at her when he first saw her looking through her window with wide, innocent eyes. She was so afraid when she saw him in his true form. Oddly, the girl smelt implicitly different from the other humans and Emmett knew he had to have her. She was something special.

He felt himself chuckle and focused his attention back to Maggie. She only stared at him; like he was some unstable monster.

Emmet knew he was a monster. His species always has been. They were biologically designed to kill; hunt the weak and be the strongest.

Only Emmett was a little bit more monstrous than the regular abomination. His obsessive fascination with fire, irrational tendencies and sudden attachments to random girls certainly cemented that theory.

Not that Emmett minded being the way he was. It didn't bother him one bit.

The endless ideas he had for his sweet, little Maggie were eternal and he couldn't wait any longer to try them with her.

Becoming lost in the maze of his mind, Emmett thought over when he first dragged the girl to this temporary home of his. Emmett recalled as he walked past some others, taking Maggie's unconscious body to his room, their gazes became hungry and some nearly shifted at her scent. Some were tempted to take her from his arms.

Which would have been a foolish move.

There was something about her that set everyone off; drew them in. She appeared completely human, yet she was affected every supernatural being around her. It was the saccharine scent of fear she emitted too, that personally made him heavy with lust and eyes dilated black.

Tuning back into reality, a Cheshire smile grew at the sight of his human. Eyes dragging along the length of her body, Emmett let out an appreciative growl, "Oh what a fine creature you are."

Her angelic face curled into a wince. Her human mind trying to make sense of his animal eyes. "W-What are you?" She finally spoke. Brokenly.

Emmett's lips quirk up into a cruel, lop-sided grin. He felt so powerful over the small, five-foot six girl. She was so young and soft; inexperienced. She had no idea what she was dealing with.

Almost no human had a single clue about what lingered around their ignorant selves.

Maggie Lucins had no idea she was in the same room with a blood-thirsty beast that could break her pretty little neck in under a second.

Emmett thought calculatingly for a moment, wondering how he should answer. Then the perfect response came to mind.

He leaned in, his lips millimetres away from hers. The dangerous smirk still lingered and the dark glimmer in his eyes prominent. He snaked his hand in between her trembling thighs causing her to emit a shocked gasp.

Emmett shuddered in delight, "I'm the monster you'll be spending your life with,"

His hand brushed delicately over her clothed crotch. He moved to the elastic band of her winter pants. His long, slender fingers gripped the front of them and inched them down tauntingly. Emmett felt himself tighten at the sight of her milky, cold skin on display for his eyes only.

Maggie screamed, "No! Don't!"

Emmett ignored her before tugging the pants down along with the boots covering her feet. He stared back at her shivering legs bare and cotton underwear that covered the place Emmett desired to be in.

His hands detached from her legs reluctantly to grab a flick knife from his pocket. He brought the knife up to her face and flicked the knife up, the sharp blade nicking the skin of her temple.

A small drop of blood oozed from the minuscule cut and gradually ran down the side of her face. Emmett's irises expanded the slightest at the sight of the blood. Trying to ignore it, he brings the four-inch knife to the hem of her fabric shirt.

Bringing the glistening dagger under her shirt and the sharp tip grazing against her tense stomach, Emmett begins jaggedly cutting at the shirt.

"No – stop –" Maggie's violent protests are cut off as Emmett's free hand moves to her mouth to silence her irritating pleas. With the shirt in uneven pieces, Emmett ripped it off her, revealing her soft breasts encased in a white t-shirt bra.

Maggie was almost naked, only thin undergarments left and her dignity hanging on by a thread. A thread that he alone controlled. However, he would move onto that later as for now, Emmett decided to continue his torment.

"What am I?" He exclaimed her previous question only in a more taunting, menacing voice that could make the hardest person cower.

She whimpered in response as Emmett lowered the hand covering her mouth.

Emmett repeated with a growl, "What am I?"

He brazenly moved his lips to her ear, trailing the knife across her tear-streaked cheek. Emmett's hands grazed past Maggie's shivering, cold stomach. He could feel the muscles tense and move under his fingers. He could even feel the bones shift within her.

The human girl's breathing hitched. The fear emanating off her was delicious; overpowering his sense of smell and driving his hunger crazy.

"Answer me!" Emmett roared in her ear impatiently. His chest rumbled with threatening growls and his teeth sharpened; aching to kill and tear at flesh. The predatory eyes returned; a complete display of his true form.

"A monster," The words slipped past her quivering lips. "You're a monster."

He began nodding, "Yes – yes I am," He kissed her hard on the mouth; a possessive gesture. "And you will stay with me until I own every breath you take, every beat of your racing heart and every inch of your human body until you break."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

STATUS: EDITED

MUSIC: Breathe Life by Jack Garratt