Chapter 10

| "Silence is so freaking loud.

-Sarah Dessen, Just Listen |

No POV

October 13 came faster than one would have liked. Draco woke the morning if the trial and dressed slowly. He had already gotten permission from McGonagall, but he wasn't sure if he really wanted to go. He had pushed the thought from mind. Until now.

Hermione's POV

I walked into the common room and found Draco pacing. "Draco?" I asked him quietly. He whipped his head around, and his eyes were glossed over, but he blinked it away.

"What Granger?" He said in a just audible whisper.

"Is everything...okay?"

"What's it to you?" He spat at me. His temper could change so dramatically with one simple question.

"I-I was just seeing if you were okay," I said becoming nervous.

"It's none of your business! Didn't your parents ever teach you to stay out of other people's business? Just leave me alone!" He screamed before disapparating with a crack. I had forgotten we could do that.

I took a deep breath, and sat down by the fire. I didn't mind being around Draco when he wasn't mad. But it was times like this that I can't deal with him. He acts like he wants to change, but he has all this built up anger. Suddenly he apparted back into the room. He ran a hand through his hair.

"Listen Granger, I uh-I didn't mean to... you know..." He was trying to apologize.

"It's okay, Draco. You just have to learn you can't go around yelling at people. You have to control your anger. You can hurt people that way." As I talked, he avoided my eyes, skimming the fire.

"Yeah, well thanks. But I really have to go now," He pointed to a window that had randomly appeared.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I was going to ask where he had to go, but decided against it. He had calmed down, and come back. That was a start. Progress.

Draco's POV

I apparated from Hogwarts to the phone booth in London. I didn't know how else to get into the Ministry.

6-2-4-4-2

The booth jerked to life, as it headed underground. As I walked towards the elevator, I got glares from the employees. Couldn't they just move on? 

I took the elevator to the level nine, and the stairs to the ten. I walked into the courtroom. The judges sat, talking amongst themselves, and there was a few people in the audience. I found Mother, she was dressed in black. Next to her Pansy's mother, Celia. Dressed in a pink jump suit. I sat down next to mother, and she took hold of my hand.

Then the air went cold. All the life was drained from the room. Father was brought in, in chains. Dementors following.

Shacklebolt, the Minister, called for attention. "Disciplinary hearing of the thirteenth of October, into offences committed under the Decree Ban of Dark Magic by Lucius Malfoy II. Do you deny the following? Using the Imperious Curse on inocent people multiple times?"

"No."

"Using the Cruciatus Curse multiple times?"

"No."

"Using the Killing Curse multiple times?"

"No."

"Owning dark artefacts, and using them illegally?"