Chapter 39

^^^This song goes perfectly with their breakup in my opinion

So Cold; Nikisha Reyes Pile & Ben Cocks

Video by; Clarita M.J.

***

Hermione's POV

Nobody noticed me off in the corner, not that they would care anyway. But I saw him with her, and Blaise joining them. He must be going back to his old ways. I must've been what was holding him back.

Tear stained the parchment I was writing on. How could he do this to me? I felt so low. Dirty, even. How had I let him touch me when he's had his hands on who knows how many girls?

Everything just made me feel awful, I just wish none of this would've happened. But then again, would I give all that up?

Right now, it felt like no one cared. No one cared about me.

I hadn't even given it a second thought, it was like Ooo, Draco Malfoy, of course I'll go out with you! Those walls I built, they all came tumbling down. Didn't even put up a fight, or make a sound.

*If you get that reference, I love you*

I just saw him and it sorta just went from there... I didn't really think about it.

Draco's POV

I woke up, but I wish I hadn't. I was afraid to open my eyes, instead, I kept still and tried to listen.

I heard harsh whispers off in the corner. I moved my fingers a bit, it felt like I was on a bed or blanket maybe.

"No, that was just some shit people started over break," I heard someone say. Blaise, I think.

"That's not what it looks like," Pansy hissed. No one could miss that voice.

"Well it is. This is Draco we're talking about. Draco Malfoy. Ring a bell?" Blaise was starting to get annoyed. I could tell by the tone of his voice.

"He's not the same Draco you remember, Blaise." Their mouths snapped shut and then I heard it too. Someone was walking towards us.

I was glad that someone had interrupted them - I didn't want to hear what else they had to say - but all I could think was Oh no.

I heard a sharp gasp, and something fell to the floor and shattered. I closed my eyes even tighter when I heard the voice.

"What's he doing here?"

Hermione's POV

Draco had been gone for a while now - not that I was worrying but - he using never left the common room.

Wait, what do I care? I shouldn't care where he is or what he's doing. He can do anything he wants. And I don't care as long as he's away from me.

McGonagall had come to talk to me, since Draco wasn't around, about the rounds we'd been neglecting for months now. She warned that part of our responsibilities was to do rounds each and every night, and if we couldn't handle that, then maybe she had been wrong. Which of course she hadn't.

We'd just been distracted, that's all.

So as the clock hit 11:00, I grabbed my cloak and wand, and started to make my way towards the Gryffindor common room.

All the Gryffindors were up in their rooms except for a few fourth years working on some homework. Gryffindors were usually the calm, laid-back ones. They caused the least trouble, except for maybe Harry.