Chapter Three: A Guardian

"The joint's gonna blow! Autobots, roll out! Ratchet! Bridge us back! Use the arrival coordinates. Now!" It sounded over the speakers, we all looked at the Ground bridge Ratchet had activated. All the Autobots came through, but something blue was following them. It looked like blue smoke.

"Cutting it a bit close." Ratchet said after having closed it behind Optimus, who just barely had avoided the blue stuff coming out after them. "How about Cliffjumper?"

No one answered and I guessed the outcome. He was gone. "What was that? An explosion? Was there a fight? Can we come with next time?" Miko asked having moved to the reeling.

"Look!" The femme started and I could hear the grief in her voice, but also the anger and annoyance. I was about to walk forth when I saw Jack had already acted.

"He-hey, Miko, let's go see what the bots hiding in their sock drawers." He said and placed his hands around her shoulders, leading her away.

"Seriously?" She asked and raised an eyebrow at Jack who only nodded and dragged her back to us.

"Can't you see they are grieving?" I asked quietly and gained an raise eyebrow from Miko, but luckily she understood the hint.

"Arcee, what did you see?" Optimus asked gently.

"Not Cliff." She began. "At least not any more." She added with grief in her voice. "He was mutated, Butchered, like something from those 'con experiments during the war." Arcee suddenly fell to her knees, they had given in. Everyone had moved forth. "I'm fine! Just dizzy." She said quickly.

"Robots who get dizzy?" Ralph said surprised.

"Robots with emotions." I said too with wonder.

"Robots who can die?" Miko continued just as surprised.

"What is this?" Ratchet asked after having scanned Arcee. Her hand was full of some strange purple stuff.

"I Don't know Ratchet." Arcee said. "Cliff was covered in it. Leaking it in fact." She told as Ratchet scraped some of the substance off.

"Go take a decontamination bath. Now!" Ratchet ordered quickly. The yellow bot helped her up, and they quickly left the room.

"O-Optimus." Jake started. "I-I hate to bug, but - No bars." He said and showed him his phone.

"A security precaution." Optimus answered after having turned to face us. "The silo walls isolate all radiowaves."

"Well, if I don't call my mom like now I'm pretty sure cops will be out looking for me." Jack said honestly, and I knew what he meant, though my father hadn't given me any curfew. It would be odd for him to even bother about me.

"Have you broken the law?" Optimus asked surprised.

"No a curfew." Jack answered. "It's after 10:00 p.m." He quickly added.

"I better get home too, or I'll be grounded for year." Ralph said as well.

"At least you got a curfew, my father doesn't even bother." I whispered, hoping it wasn't hearable.

"Earth customs." Optimus sighed. "I hadn't considered. But the issue of your safety remains." He continued and turned around again.

"Bulkhead! Accompany Miko home." Optimus ordered and Miko's eyes widened.

"Awesome! My host parents will freak!" Miko cheered and jumped up and down. She was really happy.

"And maintain covert surveliance in vehicle form." Optimus added quickly.