Chapter Nine: A twist...

Optimus hadn't gotten much better in the morning, so Ratchet had driven me to school. Miko had seen it and was practically stunned.

"Ratchet actually drove you to school?" She started and looked after the ambulance. "But where's the big guy?"

"He was hurt after that mission yesterday." I said followed by a yawn. "And I stayed at base."

"He was in a fight! And I missed it!" She squealed and looked hurt. She had been left out again, but I didn't share her feelings. I was just glad Optimus hadn't been hurt too badly.

"Come on, class is starting!" I said and pulled her with me into the school. Everyone was practically staring at me. I had forgotten my new hair color a bit, but when a couple of girls laughed and pointed I remembered. The entire day went by like that, and I just tried to ignore it the best I could. Though Miko kept saying it was cool.

But when the bell finally sounded after my last class, I had started to wonder who would pick me up. Raf had finished an hour earlier, Jack too and Miko, as usual, had detention. So who would pick me up?

I sighed as I walked out the doors. I had kinda expected Ratchet to be there, but, there wasn't anyone there. I was literally disappointed, but I had known it deep inside. Ratchet had said he only would drive me that one time, and Optimus is properly still hurt and the others were together with their Autobots.

'Oh well' I thought and tossed my bag over my shoulder before I started to walk towards outer town. I had work this afternoon, so I might as well walk, as I did before meeting the Autobots, to work and properly home as well. I was humming my favorite melody, while walking on the edge of the sidewalk, my bag hanging loosely over my shoulder and my other arm held out as help to keeping my balance.

I reached Bobs mechanic when my phone suddenly rang. I raised an eyebrow before I picked up. "It's Alex." I answered quietly. The display had just showed an unknown number.

"Alexandria! Where are you!" It came angrily from none other than Ratchet.

"I'm just outside Bobs mechanic, I am supposed to be at work today." I replied calmly and held the phone out, away from my ear, it had been a bit loud. "I was thinking you were busy, and that Optimus was still recovering." I said once having replaced my phone at my ear.

A heavy sigh came through the Phone, I knew I had pissed Ratchet off, but I figured it wasn't so important that they picked us up and brought us to the places we should be after that bot named Megatron had been killed. "Just...." He trailed off. "... Stay there I'll come in a moment." Ratchet said and hung up.

"Grumpy bot!" I frowned and placed my phone back in my bag. I stayed put until Ratchet pulled up before me.

"You shouldn't have gone off like that!" It came from him once having opened the door, so I could hear him.

"I know, I know and I'm sorry!" I said and crossed my arms. "but I really need to get in, I have work until 8 pm, so..."

"Alexandria, who are you talking to?" It came from behind me. I tensed before looking back at him. Gabriel had seen me and had walked out of the shop. "And what has happened to your hair!" He added really surprised.

"Just a friend." I said quickly, while really hoping he hadn't seen the ambulance was empty. "And the hair, it's a longer story."

"But there's no one in there." Gabriel said and looked weirdly at me. He had surprisingly understood the thing about my hair, or the other thing was more interesting. I just froze 'Scrap,' I thought 'Ratchet, you and I properly just blew it all.' I added and turned to look at my boss.

"Look...' I started and sighed before I was to continue. But someone beat me to it.

"It's me she's talking to." It came from behind me. I had instantly guessed Ratchet used the Holo-form trick. I turned to look and before me stood a man, dressed like a doctor, a stethoscope hanging over his shoulder, distinctive facial lines with green eyes, a tad pale and thin of build, though muscular. Moreover, he had long hair hold together in a long braid, colored white and orange, like the colors on his helmet when he was transformed, but what was more scary was the expression on his face. "I thought I told you I would pick you up after school." He continued.

I looked stunned at Ratchets holo- form before I shook my head lightly "No, doc. That you forgot to mention." I added and turned around, walking past my boss. "I'm done at eight, either you pick me up or I'll walk home." I said and went directly for the workshop, not really wanting to discuss anything with Ratchet right now. A heavy sigh sounded before a door closed. Ratchet pulled back and drove away. My boss caught up with me shortly after.

"You are getting more and more bold by the minute that pass. The girl I remember wouldn't talk like that, not to anyone!" he said actually having a point. He just stood before me dressed as usual in his blue suit.

"I know. And I'm sorry, but he's just been pissing me off lately. He is always so grumpy!" I told and crossed my arms. Gabriel laughed and walked over to a car.

"Glad to know you too can act normal, and not like that little mouse I once knew." He laughed and that made me smile. Coming at work could always make me smile. I enjoyed it greatly.

I had finished an hour before, but I wasn't allowed to leave yet, so I had been put on cleaning duty and that was where I got this really strange idea.

I had found some old pieces of metal, and they were blue as my hair. I smiled and picked them up along with some tools. I found a spot on the floor, one of the more clean ones, before beginning on my idea. I quickly assembled the first one, I smiled glad over the result as I held it up to my ear. It looked exactly like those Optimus was wearing on either side of his head. I chuckled lightly before removing it again. I thought it a little foolish, but on the other hand, I didn't have anything else to do, so why not? I was finished cleaning anyway.

I finished the other just before eight when I heard a car horn sound. I knew someone was here to pick me up. I showed the pieces into my back before standing. I waved to Gabriel before going outside. And I was literally surprised, it wasn't Ratchet who had come to pick me up, it was Optimus.

I hesitated, but not for long before I sprinted to him. He opened a door and I climbed in. "Optimus! I thought you was supposed to rest!" I said though glad he had come so I had escaped riding with Ratchet.

"I am. However, Ratchet is busy at the moment." Optimus told while I buckled up and he drove from the workshop.

I chuckled. "I think sometimes he isn't telling the truth, I have a feeling he's lying when telling he hates us." I said and had my bag placed on the floor before Optimus replied.

"He is hard to read, but I fear you might be right. Moreover, I don't think it only resides with Ratchet. I have a feeling we all have need of you all now." Optimus replied and I was totally surprised. I had never believed those words could come from him. But I had a feeling that it was actually also actual for us humans. The Autobots would be truly missed if they suddenly left one day.

I smiled and lent back into the seat glad about his words. "But thanks for picking me up, so I didn't have to walk." I chuckled and looked at the radio.

"You're welcome." It came from Optimus. I only raised an eyebrow but didn't think over it for long. I had only just moved my eyes to the sky, it was a dark blue color with small shining stars. A smile found it's way to my lips when I saw the falling star, shooting though the sky, but it soon became something else. Something I hadn't expected. It wasn't a shooting star I had seen it was something dangerous. A con!

"Prime! You are mine!" It was yelled as someone started shooting after him. Optimus stepped on the break and we slid a few meters forth before he turned around, driving away from the city and our base. I was holding on to the seat, truly surprised over what happened.

"Starscream!" Optimus said and drove towards the dessert surrounding our city.

"Why is he attacking?!" I asked and looked out of the side window. "Optimus! He's brought company.." I added panicking a little before taking my head back as they started shooting again. Optimus was hit and he transformed, making me fly through the air before hitting the ground, luckily it wasn't the asphalt I landed on. I landed in the burning sand and rolled a couple of times before everything went dark.