Chapter 1

"Come on Charlie. We are gonna be late." I complain.

"Just a sec. Jeez." Charlie is putting on his rollerblades. "I'm ready."

"Finally."

"Let's just get the ducks."

Charlie and I head out of our house and we meet up with some of the other ducks to rollerblade to their new school, Eden Hall academy.

"Nice tie Banks." Charlie says smirking when we meet up with the ducks.

"Yea Yea laugh all you want. I didn't want to wear it but my dad made me." Adam says rolling his eyes.

"Whatever you say cake-eater." I say.

"Ha ha Kenny."

In case you didn't know my name is Kendra. My brother is Charlie Conway and his best friend is Adam Banks.

I'm 5'7 with long wavy brown hair and light green eyes. Charlie is similar just 5'11 with short boy brown hair and green eyes.

Adam or as I sometimes call him Banksie is 5"11 with short boy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes, like ocean eyes. He is hot I'll say.

"Where are you taking us Averman?" Goldberg asks.

Averman is our jokester and Goldberg is our goalie little big but nice.

"Short cut." Averman responds.

"Uh help! I'm a goalie not a skater!" Goldberg yells. "Charlie!" Goldberg starts to wobble and he ends up veering off course.

Charlie being Charlie goes after him. For a while they are no where in sight and we just keep skating.

Surprisingly when we come out from a bridge Goldberg and Charlie land in front of us.

"Yea Goldberg!" Averman cheers patting him on the back.

"Goldberg don't you ever do that to me again." Charlie says patting Goldbergs shoulder.

"Nice going Goldie."

"I'm a goalie not a skater."

We keep skating and eventually Eden Hall comes into view. 

"Here we'll go in through the back." Charlie says. He opens a door and ushers everyone in. "In you go Banks."

He follows Banks in and we follow Goldberg since he was the first to enter. It's quit dark back here and Goldberg trips. He hits a curtain and it comes down on us.

We wrestle the curtain and we eventually make our way on top of it. I fell on top Adam and blush when I see the position we are in. I quickly get off him and he stands up as well as does everyone else.

I look around and see all the people staring and  laughing at us.

"Hi. We're the ducks." Charlie says making them laugh even more.

~~~~~~

"Yo Charlie that's not a great start to the year." Ken tells Charlie.

"Don't worry those preppies won't do anything to us." Charlie reassures Ken.

"Hey Kenny look at this." Banks says pointing to and ant farm.

"Woah those are a lot of ants."

"I know right."

"Pretty cool don't you think?" The dean says.

He surprised us so we jump back from the farm. "These are Brazilian fire ants. You see these little guys? Those are the workers. They pull their own part and work the queen. Just like here at Eden Hall. You all are the workers."

"And you're the queen." Russ jokes. Making us laugh.

"Ah ha." The dean stares at Russ and then turns around and leaves when he hears someone call his name.

"Nice job Russ." Connie says hitting Russ in the shoulder.

"What?"

"Many people already don't like us and then you joke about the dean." Fulton says.

"Big deal."

"Let's just get to class." I say.