Chapter 2

"I can't believe it! Homework on the first day!" Averman exclaimed.

"Yea we gotta be careful we might learn something here." Russ jokes.

"Let's just go to practice. Don't want to be late for our new coach." Adam says.

"Of course you'd say that banks." Charlie says.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all." Charlie shakes his head.

We all headed down to the locker room and we changed into our pads and grabbed our gear. Charlie lead us to the rink and we looked around.

"Woah that sure is a lot of championships." Guy admires.

"This place is huge. I bet they have a snack bar." Goldberg says.

"Look at the Varsity they're huge." Ken says.

"Come on guys. They aren't so big. We can skate out there." Charlie assures us.

"Yea guys." Connie and I agree.

"Well isn't it captain ducky." The Varsity captain Reilly says skating up to us.

"Back off." Fulton says.

"Ohh the bash brother. So scared. Heard the other one was to scared to leave home." Their enforcer Cole says.

"Portman ain't scared of nothing." Fulton fires back.

"Let's go team!" The Varsity coach yells. "Hit the showers now."

With that the Varsity leaves the ice and we hop on.

"Dwayne, rope up some stray cattle." Charlie says handing Dwayne a rope.

"Shouldn't we wait for the new coach before we start?" Connie asks.

"It's duck practice he's gonna have to get used to it." Connie smiles and nods. "Now how about it cowboy.

"Yee-Haw!"

We started skating away from Dwayne. The first one to go was Fulton. Aww feels like the good old days. Having fun with the ducks on the ice.

I guess I was to busy day dreaming because all of a sudden there was a rope around me.

"Gotcha Kendra." Dwayne says.

"Aw come on Kenny out so soon." Adam jokes.

"I'd watch out Banks." I point behind. He turns and gets roped by Dwayne.

"Sorry Adam." Dwayne says shrugging.

"You were saying Banksie."

We got back to skating and having fun when Dwayne filed Charlie and he fell, right in front of a guy which I assume is our new coach.

"I'm coach Orion. You can call me coach or coach Orion." His voice Noam's through the rink.

Charlie stands and hold out his hand. "You can call me Charlie." He looks back at us and some of us laugh.

"That's what that c must stand for on your jersey. Sure doesn't stand for captain."

"Sorry coach were just messing with you." Russ says.

"Yea Bombay Gabe him that C." Goldberg says and we all nod along.

"And I respect that. But I'm the coach now and I'll be choosing the captain."