Teen Dating Etiquettes ~ 2

As Jonah stepped into his white Acura TLX, his head was filled with thoughts running through his mind.

I hope that Cyrus will like my outfit.

I hope that Cyrus will like my car.

I hope that Cyrus will like my style.

I hope that Cyrus will like my smell.

I hope that Cyrus will like my everything.

I hope that Cyrus will like me for who I am.

I hope that Cyrus will be my boyfriend.

I hope that Cyrus will like me back.

While driving towards Cyrus's house, he kept repeating that mantra on his head, hoping to give him self confidence that this date will go through well and that Cyrus will be his boyfriend once he asks him.

15 Minutes Later

Jonah has arrived at Cyrus's house, just as where they would plan to meet. As Jonah hopped off into his car, he sees Cyrus's mom opening the front door.

"Oh, hey Jonah! For a second I thought you were someone else. By the way, nice car," Leslie, Cyrus's mom says.

"Thanks! Umm...I know this is going to be awkward to say, but I would like to know that I'm here to pick up Cyrus for our...date," Jonah retorts, admitting to Leslie that he has a date with her son.

And, as if on cue, Cyrus shows up behind Leslie, his head peeking out from Leslie's shoulder.

Leslie chuckles as she steps aside, letting Jonah see the whole him. Jonah was surprised by what he saw.

Cyrus was wearing a black beanie, a white Adidas hoodie with black stripes, ripped jeans, and a pair of white Adidas Yeezys.

Jonah just wore a blue flannel with a plain-black shirt inside, navy blue slim-fit jeans, and a pair of blue (with little hints of grey) Timberland boots.

"Woah..." Jonah accidentally says out loud, dazed by the way Cyrus looks. He suddenly adds, "you look good."

"Th-thanks," Cyrus replies, stuttering.

"Well, shall we go?" Jonah says, offering his hand to Cyrus.

"Well, of course!" Cyrus replies, grabbing Jonah's hand.

"Wait!" Leslie quickly says. "Jonah, you must promise me that you will keep Cyrus safe and sound wherever you go. You must also acknowledge the fact that you cannot drink alcohol. And last but not least, you must bring back Cyrus before 10 PM, sharp."

"Yes ma'am, yes ma'am, and absolutely ma'am. I will make sure that Cyrus will be safe and sound," Jonah replies.

"Thank you and have a great time!" Leslie retorts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So," Cyrus says trying to start a conversation. "Where exactly are we going?"

"We are going to one of the most fanciest restaurants of all time here at Shadyside," Jonah replies. "Applebee's."

Cyrus snorts. "You know that isn't the fanciest restaurant in here, right? Just because they serve some very delicious food doesn't give enough reasons for why they should be labeled as 'fancy'."

"Oh, really? Then what's the fanciest restaurant in Shadyside?"

"Olive Garden."

"Then that's where we're heading. Hey siri, show me directions to the nearest Olive Garden," Jonah replies as he speaks to his phone while driving.