I Like Someone Else

Cyrus's P.O.V

"Is my gift for Jonah great or is it great?" I asked Buffy.

"It looks like it. I mean, those are the new Yeezys, I'm sure he'll love them," She replies.

This is why I love Buffy. She's the number one supporter to Jonah and I's relationship. She's been there with me through ups and downs, helping me with my anxiety attacks that happen every once in a while, and is one of the few people who've supported me ever since I came out as gay.

"Thanks so much Buffy. You know, for everything," I tell her. 

"Oh don't mention it. I know I'm great," Buffy says. I chuckle a little bit, and so did she. "But kidding aside, you're welcome. Just know that whenever you're sad, in trouble, or having an anxiety attack, make sure to call me on an instant, okay?"

"Alright, you overprotective mother." I give her a hug and stand up. "Well, I guess I should get going. I don't want Jonah to keep waiting."

"Okay. See you later. And don't forget to use protection!" Buffy shouts as I exit the doorway.

"You too!" I shout back as she also told me that Marty was coming over.

~~~~~~~~~~

As I knock on the front door of Jonah's house, I got nervous. It's our two year anniversary, and I'm not really sure if my gift is enough for him. 

"Hey- whoa," Jonah says as he opens the door. "You look...great." He smiles.

I blush, but managed to say, "Thanks! you too."

"Come in." 

"Okay." As I enter his house, he noticed that I was holding something that was wrapped.

"Is that for me?" He says as he points at my gift for him.

"Yes. Happy two year anniversary," I reply giving him a genuine smile and hugging him afterwards.

"Sorry I didn't get you anything. And sorry that I didn't have anything planned. I just...wanted to stay home and tell you something," He says.

"O-oh...okay," I reply, starting to get a little nervous.

"Why don't we go in my room?" 

"Alright." I follow him upstairs to his room. 

I sit down on his bed as I enter, with him closing the door and sitting right next to me afterwards.

"Before I tell you anything, I just want to open this gift. It feels heavy," He says. He then starts to unwrap the gift, and after he opens the box, his expression was priceless. "Are these the new Yeezys? THANK YOU SO MUCH, CYRUS!" He then hugs me. I smile, and then hug back. 

"You're welcome," I say. "So, what was it that you were gonna tell me?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Jonah's P.O.V

I let go of the hug and started to get nervous. Really nervous. I didn't even know that today was our two year anniversary. It just slipped out of my mind. Dating him has slipped out of my mind these past few days.

"Well...it's just that...I really don't know how to form this sentence but--"

"Jonah, whatever it is, I'm sure I can handle it. Just tell me straight up," He says, which made me even more nervous.

"Well, okay. Umm... I...like someone else," I finally said it. I started to tense up and my breathing got heavy, but I tried to hide and control it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cyrus's P.O.V

I froze. My chest started to hurt; something I never felt before. I didn't know what to say. Or do. But I did manage to get a few words out.

"That was a little bit too straight up," I say. "But you know what, it's okay. I mean, your feelings are your feelings, and I can't control them. And I know for a fact that you can't, too. Just go on with your life and be happy, you know? Because I know that whatever makes you happy, will make me happy too."

"Really?" He replies.

"Really." I smile, which also made him smile. "I guess it's over now, huh? You know, the both of us?"

He took a deep breathe and then said, "I'm sorry."

"No no, it's okay," I reply. I give him a hug and said, "Live freely, Jonah Beck." I let go of the hug and before I leave his room, I took one quick glance at him. He smirked.

As I walked out of his house, that's where I let it all out. All the tears I tried to hold back has finally been let out. 

But at least now I'm free. And so is Jonah Beck. Free from all the pain we've been through. Free from all the suffering and constant judgement. But most importantly, free from one another. 

Shout out to you Jonah Beck, you're really quite the man aren't you? Thanks for making my heart break, because that what truly made me who I am. Thanks for making me realize that I'm actually stronger than what I think. So now, all I gotta say is, thank u, next.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey y'all

Been awhile ever since I made one-shots. This was just out of the blue, I know lol

It feels so good to be back writing. Chapter ten of "Stay with Me" will come out sometime this week, so stay tuned :D

But anyways, that's all for today, hope y'all enjoyed this one-shot, and if you did don't forget to vote and/or comment (CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!)

Thanks for taking your time to read this, and remember, you are beautiful inside and out. Have a good day y'all, and with that message, I say, PEACE.