Rough Waters

Moana goes and gathers food and supplies as Kaimana readies their boat.

Moana walks in with a sack over her shoulder. Kaimana stands on the boat that was made for her. It is time for Moana to take it from her and call it hers now. Moana puts the food in the storage cubby as Kaimana closes the sail and pushes the boat off of the sand.

They submerge from the hidden cave behind the waterfall and sail out into the night sea. Kaimana looks back at the island with Moana. A gust of wind flies through the trees and lands in the water. It lights up with a large glowing manta ray. It leaves a fluorescent trail of glowing water behind it as it soars through the water.

Kaimana reaches down and glides her hand through the water and over its back.

A rush of adrenaline courses through her body as she opens the sail and prepares to go over the first wave. They easily get through it and make it past the reef and into the ocean.

Moana takes over the sailing as it is all smooth seas for now. They follow the hook in the sky.

-

⌃☼⌃

"I am Moana of Motunui. You will board my boat, sail across the sea and resorts the heart of Te Fiti." Moana rehearses for the millionth time

"That's like the millionth time you've said that." Kaimana says as she lays on the boat.

"I know but-" *thud*

Moana is interrupted by a strange noise. She shakes it off and continues talking.

"I need to-" *thud*

She is interrupted again.

"Okay what is that?" Moana asks

"I don't know, get behind me." Kaimana says

She uses the water to form a spear and she holds it and gets ready to attack as Moana stands behind her. Kaimana uses the tip of the spear to open the supply cabinet and put pops a coconut.

"AH! KAKAMORA!" Kaimana shrieks as she dives into the water

"Kai!" Moana yells after her.

Kai was the nickname she gave Kaimana. Moana lifts the coconut and spots a familiar chicken. Kaimana peeks out of the water to see what it was.

"Heihei?!" The both question

Kaimana uses the water to push herself back into the boat. After Moana lifts heihei onto the deck and takes the coconut off of its head, it looks around at all the water surrounding them.

Heihei caws loudly in alarm. Kaimana takes the coconut and puts it back on its head and the noise stops. She sighs in relief but Moana takes the coconut back off. The noise continues until Kaimana pushes the coconut back over its head. They repeat this until Moana decided to comfort it.

"It's okay. You're alright." Moana says in a soothing voice. "See? Nice water. The ocean is a grind of mine."

Then the chicken walks off the deck. Both girls gasp.

"Heihei?" Moana calls in panic

Two chicken feet pop up not far from the boat. Moana dives into the water to go after him.

"Moana stop!" Kaimana calls but she is too late as Moana is already in the water.

The boat begins to blow away but Kaimana stops the boat and uses a small wave to bring both of them back on board.

They both decide to keep Heihei in the storage compartment while Kaimana controls the seas and Moana steers.

-

Kaimana was put on steering duty for the rest of the day while Moana slept. It wasn't long before Moana was back to steering the ship. Kaimana was growing tired from not sleeping at all and began to drift asleep.

It wasn't long before she was woken up by being submerged in the water. She opens her eyes under water but everything is black so she makes her tattoos glow. The sea lights up around her and she sees the boat is flipped.

"Moana?!" She yells as she surfaces

"Uh, Kai? Can I get a little help?" Moana asks

Kaimana chuckles lightly as she tries to for a wave to flip the boat over but she can't. She feels her neck and her necklace is gone.

"My necklace!" Kaimana cries.

There's a clap of thunder and lightening and a storm rolls in.

"Oh no. No, no, no, no, no."

Kaimana's tattoos glow again as she dives down into the water. She sees her necklace sinking fast. She swims as fast as she can as eventually reaches the bottom of the ocean. Her lungs burn as she pushes the sand around to find it. Her vision becomes blurry as time goes by. But Moana is in trouble and she needs to keep her safe. Her tattoos glow brighter and she spots her necklace a few feet away. She grabs it and hooks it around her neck.

Her lungs no longer sting and she is back as herself. She pushes off the ocean floor and soars towards the surface.

She finds the boat about 50 yards away from her and Moana no where to be seen. Kaimana dives back underwater only to see her friend sinking quickly. Kaimana grabs her quickly as the waves push them around. The boat is now ever farther away. She makes her own wave towards the boat only to have it collapsed by another wave.

Kaimana quickly recovers and pushes herself towards the boat underwater with Moana in her arms. She gently placed Moana in the storage compartment as she flips the boat back up. She takes the oar and the ropes. She stands up and strong and sails the boat over an 100ft wave.

She summons a small tsunami and sends them in the direction of the hook in the stars only to have to wave over powered. The boat yet again flips and they're tosses back into chaos.

⌄☼⌄