Te Kâ

⌃☼⌃

They stand on the boat. It was time for Maui to shape shift.

"How about a beetle?" Kaimana suggests

Maui grabs his hook and tries. He successfully transforms into the small bug and raises its small arms in the air to cheer.

Heihei ruins the moment by eating him.

Maui transforms back and Heihei still bites onto Maui's finger. Kaimana can't help but laugh at this.

"Now an iguana!" Moana suggests.

He does that and Heihei lands on his back. He runs to the end and flings Heihei off board jokingly. Kaimana fires him right back into Moana's arms.

Maui goes back to himself and jumps into the water. He then jumps out and high into the air as a shark only to turn into a large hawk and fly past the boat as a fast pace.

Kaimana dives into the water and soars just as fast as him. She spots him in the air and he sees her in the water. He then transforms to himself and chops the top of a rock off with his hook and does the same to the next. Kaimana swims back to the boat, just in time to see Maui change to a whale and fall into the water, making a large wave and drenching the boat.

Maui climbs back on the boat with the help of Kaimana and smiles down at her.

Moana smiles at the both of them and gets really happy to see them get along for once.

Heihei then walks off the boat for the millionth time.

Kaimana rolls her eyes and uses a wave to pick him up, stuff him in a basket, slam the lid on, put him in the storage compartment and slam the top closed.

They all laugh at her frustration.

"Next stop, Te Fiti." Moana says

-

⌄☼⌄

They roll through a thick fog. Kaimana sails the ship as Maui keeps a lookout, standing on top of the sail. Moana sleeps soundly on the ship.

Kaimana runs her hand through the current to feel it slightly cold. She pulls on the road to change the sail's direction slightly. Looking up, she sees Maui smirking down at her.

"What?" She asks sheepishly with a light blush dusting her cheeks

"I figured it out." Maui says as he jumps down.

"You know, I know you loved it when I pulled up islands... cause Moana's ancestors would said your seas to find them. All those new lands, new villages. It was the water that connected them all. And if I were you, I think I'd be looking for a curly-haired non-princess to start that again. You picked a good one." Maui says to Kaimana

"That is literally the nicest thing you've ever said to me." Kaimana says as she tucks a piece of hair behind her ear. "Probably should've saved it for Te Fiti." She jokes as she waves her finger

"I did." He smirks making Kaimana's heart skip a beat

"Moana. Wake up." Kaimana whispers as she shakes her awake

"Moana of Motunui, I believe you have officially delivered Maui across the great sea." Maui says as she gestures over to the mountains

He quietly cheers her name in her ear, imitating a crowd of people.

"It's time." He says

Moana hands him the heart of Te Fiti.

"Here she comes." Kaimana warns as Te Kâ rises from the ground

Maui stands next to her and peers off of the ship.

"Go save the world." Moana cheers as she tightens the sail.

Kaimana ties her hair into a bun and cracks her neck with Maui. Maui jumps into the air and turns to a hawk. Kaimana dives into the water and feels her tattoos glow as adrenaline flows through her.

She swims through the water. Making sure the fire balls she throws don't harm Moana. She watches from below as Te Kâ knocks Maui out of the sky, making him drop the heart and his hook. He begins to plummet towards the ocean but changes once he gets a hold of it. He soars upwards before getting knocked down again, with a burn on his shoulder.

Kaimana swims over as he lands into the water. She heals him as best as she can for now and gives him the heart.

"Back to the ship." Kaimana tells him

He turns to a fish and swims away with Kaimana behind him. They climb onto the boat.

As soon as they're on, Moana begins steering the boat closer to Te Kâ.

"What are you doing?!" Maui shouts

With one hand, Kaimana heels Maui and with the other, she throws water balls at Te Kâ, trying to slow her down.

"Finding you a better way in!" Moana says confidently

"Moana we won't make it!" Kaimana tells her

"Yes, we will." She says surely

"Turn around!" Maui orders

"No!"

"Moana, stop!" Maui shouts as he tries to pull her away

"Guys!" Kaimana shouts as Te Kâ swings at the ship.

Kaimana tries to form a wall of water but isn't quick enough. Maui blocks her swing with his hook and they are both thrown away from the force of the impact.

They're washed away from the island. Possibly hundreds of miles the other way now.

⌄☼⌄