t h i r t y f i v e

Jarl Bjorke was hiding behind his few men who were surrounding him, protecting him with their bodies.

Eira's eyes were set on him, and only him. She began to run towards the group of men surrounding Jarl, few arrows missed her. A screaming man from the right tried to stop her, swinging his sword, unsuccessfully. Eira fell down on her knees, sliding on the mud, avoiding his sword. 

She immediately turned around, still on the ground and with one swift move with Ivar's sharp blade hit his legs right in the knee height from behind which made him yell out of pain and afterward he fell down on his knees. Eira jumped up and finished him by grabbing his hair and slitting his throat. She took his sword to her other hand and with a deadly look in her eyes, she turned in the direction where the jarl was still hiding like a sheep afraid of the wolf. 

Eira was the wolf desiring for the sheep's blood and nothing could have stopped her. 

Then she pointed with the heavy sword in her hand on Jarl, who was with a fear watching her getting closer. She couldn't hear him but he said something to his men, which made them move slowly in unison further away from Eira. For a second she looked behind her to check on Ivar who was stabbing a man on the ground, his face covered in drops of blood. 

She started to move faster and when she was almost running, another man stepped in her way. This one was probably the same height as Eira and had two shorter swords in his hands. 

"Get out of my way!" she screamed at him. 

"Over my dead body," he screamed back. 

"As you wish," she said smiling. 

He swung with one of his swords in the height of Eira's neck. She made a step back, sword missing her throat few inches. Then she immediately blocked his sword with hers. His other hand tried to stab her which was unsuccessful. She swiftly cut his arm with Ivar's blade. He stepped back from her. 

Eira flipped her blade in her hand, throwing it right at him. He wasn't fast enough to avoid it so the blade ended up in his right shoulder, which caused him to drop the sword. Eira made a quick move towards him, swinging her sword which he managed to block. He was much stronger than she expected. With his another move he somehow successfully disarmed Eira from her sword, which fell a few feet from her. Right when she wanted to quickly move back, his sword cut through her clothes and slightly dived into her skin on her hip. 

She shivered but the amount of adrenaline that was running through her body enabled her to properly feel it. It didn't hurt as much as it would normally hurt. He laughed and grabbed her blade and pulled it out of his shoulder. Eira touched her hip, her fingers were slightly covered in blood. The cut wasn't so deep, she was okay. 

She looked up to see the blade that once was in his shoulder flying back at her. She couldn't crouch so the only thing possible at that moment was cover herself. Her hand immediately shoot up in front of her face. The blade pierced the palm throughout. The tip of the blade was two or three inches from her face. "Argh!" she yelled in pain. This time the amount of adrenaline couldn't stop the unbearable feeling. 

Her hand began to shake. She lowered that hand, blade still in it, to look at him. He wanted to grab the other sword but when he bent over, Eira's other hand grabbed the small blade she had behind her belt, jumped towards him and without a hesitation she stabbed him in the neck, right where his artery was. She pulled out her blade, the blood squirting out. He looked up, trying to hold his wound. His eyes full of shock as he glanced at Eira one last time before falling to the ground. 

Eira was catching her breath, her forehead full of sweat. She put her small blade back behind her belt. She raised her hand to look at her wound. She bit her lip as she pulled the blade out. It hurt like a bitch, she almost bit through her lip. Her hand was trembling. She ripped a piece of her shirt and quickly bandaged it.