Chapter 2 (Main Character Introduction)

Nikita's Introduction:
Chennai:

As the alarm clock started to ring, the cacophony of deafening alarm bells made Nikita bang her head on her pillow so many times, that her head started to ache. She then got up, wore her fluffy slippers, brushed her teeth, took a shower and went downstairs to receive her breakfast.

"Hey dad!. Good morning!" Nikita greeted her father with pleasant words while pulling of a beaming smile.
"Good Morning Niki. Did you have a good night sleep?" He asked.
"Duh, of course I did!" Nikita chuckled.
"NIKITA! For crying out loud, can you please use proper language!" Her father told her in a demanding voice.
"Sorry dad", she said.
"It's okay. You can talk like this to your friends but not in front of me, our family and my business partners. Understand?", he asked her.
"Yes dad", she replied while letting out a sigh.

Her father, Adrith Venkatesh, has been like this ever since her mother's sudden demise. Before that, he always has been like any other father, loving and caring. He still is but doesn't show it out that much.
Even Nikita was so hurt when her mother passed away ,but not as emotionally bruised as her father. She tried to help him in so many ways of just him letting loose and being free but it never worked. After months of trying, she gave up, and let him be the man that he is ,strong on the outside but weak in the inside.

----------------After a short gap of silence----------------

"Dad, why are we here in Chennai?" Nikita asked.
"We are here because I have a business meeting to attend and I don't want to leave you back in Hydrebad.", her father replied.
"Dad, don't get mad, but I'm 22 years old. I can take care of myself", Nikita said.
"Niki listen." Her father said. "I wanted you here because this is where are mom is from . It has been 6 years since you have even entered Chennai. I only used this excuse to bring you back over here because I know you will say no if I ask you to come to Chennai without any purpose".
"Dad. But-"
"No buts. Just finish your breakfast.", her father told her.

*Adrith phone rings*

"Hello!", he answers the call.
"Hello, Mr. Venkatesh, this is Nikita's Bharatanatyam teacher speaking. I would just like you to know that Nikita has a performance in 2 months and it would be nice if she starts practicing from tomorrow itself."
"So, will it be fine if I send her there now?"
"Sir, that would be kind of you to do so"
"Sure Miss, I'll send her to Hyderabad"
"Thank you so much sir. Bye."
"Thank you. Bye"
----------conversation ends---------------
"Who was it dad?", Nikita asked.
"It was your Bharatanatyam teacher. She said you have a performance in 2 months and she wants you there in Hyderabad by tomorrow to start practicing"
"So?", Nikita asked with the frown on her face.
"So, your are leaving to Hyderabad. Go pack your bags", her father said.
"Okay dad", Nikita replied.

She then rushed to her room and started packing her bag.

"Nikita, your flight is at 6pm. Is that okay?, her father asked, while yelling from his living room.
"That's fine dad" Nikita replied.

She got out of her room with her passport and ticket and got onto the car, waving bye to her dad. Her driver then drove her to the airport as it was already 3'o clock. She got out and checked in to the airport.

------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, it meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! I know this chapter is boring again (as usual 😂) but don't worry there is something really cheesy that's gonna happen in the next chapter so stay tuned.

Lots of love,
Sharanya.
❤️