✧New Competition✧

This chapter's dedication goes to hananbeyene123 becuase I really loved her comment last chapter!

Chapter 3-✧ New Competition✧

"I can't believe Peter got robbed," I mumbled as I walked with Stiles and Scott to the boys locker room so they could fill me in on all the events that I had missed out on last night. "But hey, atleast we have Derek back."

"Yeah that's just grand," Stiles rolled his eyes but elbowed me jokingly. I smiled softly at the older boy but came to a quick stop when I realized we were at the door for the locker room.

"I'll see you guys after tryouts." I mumbled, I was planning on heading to a secluded area behind school to draw like I normally did last lacrosse season.

"Wait! Kira and Malia are going to be at tryouts tomorrow why don't you sit with them?" Scott asked hopefully. I knew what he was trying to do, he was trying to get me friends. I was perfectly happy with the few friends I had but Scott believed that I needed to hang out with some more people, mostly the new members of his pack.

"Scott," I started to say but I stopped myself when I saw him practically giving me puppy dog eyes. He was only trying to do what he thought was best for me, that's what he always did. I sighed, tucking some of my dark brown hair behind my ear. "Fine. Just for tomorrow though."

Scott smiled widely before wrapping me into a quick one-armed hug. "I promise they won't bite, Char."

"Of course they won't, it's not like there animals," I muttered, causing both Scott and Stiles to chuckle before they headed inside of the locker room. Just as I turned away to head to my locker so I could get my scetchpad, I heard my name being called.

"Lahey! Little Lahey!" It was Coach Finstock. He only knew me becuase of Isaac and I'm almost positive he didn't know what my actually name was.

"Yes?" I watched as the locker room door swung open so the coach could stumble out of it.

Coach Finstock held something out to me and I quickly realized it was a lacrosse stick. No, it wasn't just any lacrosse stick, it was Isaac's old one. "Your brother left this here and I thought you might want it back."

I nodded quickly and had to will myself not to tear up as I took the Lacrosse stick, "Thank you."

For the first time in history, Coach gave me, a teenager, a sincere smile. "Tell your brother he can come back sometime. Or, more like, tell him we need him to come back."

I nodded once more, "I will."

The coach nodded his head back at me before turning and heading back into the locker room so he could yell at the Lacrosse team. He can be a bit of a hardass but he is a good coach none the less. Our lacrosse team has been doing really good for the past couple of years. Atleast, that's what Isaac told me.

With the lacrosse stick now in my hands, I turned around once more to head to my locker but this time was stopped becuase I nearly collided with someone.

"Oh, sorry," The person said, also stopping to avoid us running into eachother. I quickly looked up at him to see the slighty familiar face of a boy who looked to be about my age. Maybe he was in a class of mine? I wouldn't really know, I pay as much attention to people as they pay to me.

It took me a second to look away from his stunning blue eyes and realize that he had apologized to me.

"No, no, it's okay. It was my fault. I, uh, I-I wasn't being careful. I'm sorry." I stuttered. It was practically second nature for me to mutter excuses and apologies becuase if I didn't dad would, well, beat me. Sometimes even when I did apologise and all he would still hit me just becuase he could.