✧From The Sidelines✧

Okay I think a moment is needed so we can all appriciate how beautiful Liam was in the last episode (And in the gif I have up). Dylan Sprayberry is a fantastic actor and oh my lord does he look hella fine in a lacrosse jersey. I just thought that needed to be addressed. You may now carry on reading.

Chapter 20 From The Sidelines

Seeing as Liam was now a creature of the night with supernatural smelling abilities, it didn't take long to find our friends. Kira and Stiles had settled for an unused hospital room where they could set up a temporary base. As soon as Liam and I entered the room, I dropped his hand. Right now I did not Stiles getting any ideas about the two of us and then him teasing me with some stupid remark until the end of time.

While we worked on our little mission inside, Noshiko and Melissa were outside scouting for any peculiar people entering or exiting the hospital. That was probably a good way to get Melissa's mind off of Scott's current state which, I'll admit, was a task I've been struggling to complete. I needed him to wake up so I could be mad at him for not telling me about how serious these risks were. If he didn't then I'd have all these feeling jumbled up inside of me that I'll never be able to get out and I don't know how much more I'll be able to take. My dad wasn't wrong when he used to call me weak.

"Where did you even get these laptops?" I questioned Stiles as he pulled out the ones he had earlier in the McCall's' kitchen. I had to do something to get my mind off of, well, everything else.

"I know people, alright?" Stiles muttered as began to mess with them. I raised my eyebrows in amusement because I knew exactly who he knew; Scott, Lydia, Malia, Kira, Derek, Liam, and Myself. I don't really believe any of us exactly had a few extra laptops lying around. But, then again, what do I know?

Stiles then swiftly whipped out his cell phone and I only had time to see Chris Argent was calling him before Stiles brought the phone to his ear. He then looked over to Kira, Liam, and I and I realized it was finally the moment of truth. It was time to see if Chris had managed to hook up the security cameras to our computer screens so we could really monitor everything.

After we all exchanged a truly meaningful look-which could arguably count as a good pack bonding experience-Stiles clicked some buttons on the key boards. Flickering to life across the laptops were four camera's per screen. I let out a small sigh of relief when I saw that everything seem to appear clearly. It was about time things started to really go according to plans.

"Is this, it this actually working?" I asked quietly as I stared at everything in disbelief. I guess there really is a first time for everything.

"Yeah," Stiles answered, sounding just as surprised as I felt, "It actually is."

I felt a hand graze the back of mine and I looked away from the screens and over to Liam. He gave me a small smile which I gladly returned. He subtly shifted closer to me and tangled his fingers in mine before we both looked back at the screens. The weight of all the worry I had been feeling earlier seemed to lighten up some. Maybe, just maybe, this insane plan will work out. Tonight just might not be the night I'll lose Scott McCall or any of my other friends. Perhaps we will find the bastard that we've so politely opted to calling The Benefactor.

Suddenly, one of the section's on the screen began flickering and glitching. Liam pointed to it with his hand that wasn't holding mine.

"Is that supposed to look like that?"

"No," Stiles responded, the hope from earlier was no longer in his voice, "No, it's not."

"Where is that?" Kira questioned.