✧Drinks and Music✧

GUYS CHECK OUT THE TRAILER THAT ALEXRAE9 MADE FOR THIS BOOK! ITS TO THE SIDE AND I JUST FREAKING LOVE IT! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

Chapter 25 ✧Drinks and Music✧

"I knew I'd be able to get you to come!" Mason exclaimed through the phone, "But not like that. I don't swing that way."

I cringed at Mason's innuendo as I continued to pace around my room. Little did he know that he was not the one who convinced me to go. It was Liam, even though Liam might not know it either. But something is wrong with Liam and I have to find out what it is.

"Mase, I'm serious," I sighed.

"So am I," Mason assured me, "But no worries, the bonfire will be fun."

"That's easy for you to say," I mumbled. I plopped down on my bed and thought of all the things that could happen tonight. This is Beacon Hills, after all, and very bad things tend to happen at parties in this town. They were just short of being ruled out as cursed.

"Charlotte, when I first met you I had to try to get you to talk to me for like weeks. Now it's like you've changed in the best way possible and it's about damn time you show the rest of the world that," Mason declared, causing me to laugh at him a bit, "And hey, I need you to get drunk."

"Oh, I'm not drinking," I stated upfront. There was no way I would drink. I mean it's not like I'm a responsible girly girl but I'd seen what drinking did to people. It can numb their pain and I have too much pain that I fear if I started to drink I'll just never be able to stop.

"C'mon, it's a party, you have to drink," Mason pressed, "I can't imagine something better then a slightly tipsy Charlotte who will finally tell me what is going on between her and Liam."

My eyes widened at Mason's statement. "M-me and Liam? Nothing. I mean, nothing is going on between us."

"Look, I know you guys are hiding something from me," Mason explained through the phone. I could almost hear the exasperated yet still worried expression that he had to be wearing right now. "I also want to help you guys if you need it. Like, if you guys are a thing then I can get you protection if you need it."

If this were a comedy movie and I would have been drinking water, I would've just spit it all out.

"No! God no! Nothing like that," I buried my face in my hands as I once again tried not to think about Mason's not-so-innocent innuendo.

"I'm just sayin'" Mason told me, "And if it is something bigger than that I still want to help you guys."

I smiled even though Mason and his dirty little mind couldn't see me. But then I realized Mason was implying that I tell him what was going on which meant telling him about the supernatural world which has proven to be a pretty big no-no in past experiences. People tend to not handle being told that everything they think they know is lie very well. Understandable, I suppose.

"I, uh, have to go and p-pick out my, well, my outfit. I'll see you soon Mason," I mumbled to my friend, hoping I hadn't been too obvious about how uncomfortable I was with the subject but knowing that that was just wishful thinking.

Without waiting for Mason's response, I hung up my phone and through it to the side. I actually didn't need to pick out my outfit. Today, along with the letter, Isaac had gifted me a sleeveless white dress with a sequenced front that I was planning on wearing. It looked pretty expensive but Isaac had sworn it was nothing and that he would've been kicked out of Paris if he didn't buy something. Apparently it's an unspoken rule to buy things there when you visit.

Honestly, if Isaac was going to buy me something I would've expected a scarf but this definitely works too.

Once I was changed, I walked over to Scott's room and knocked on his door. When he came to open it he looked down at me with wide eyes.