Ch.2: Game On

The next morning, Mike had woken up early excited to complete last night's task. Of course he was nervous to see his best friend horrified but it would only last a split second before Mike announced that he was just kidding! Truth or dare is fun.

He came to a full stop at the bike rack and hopped off in search for his friends. I felt a sharp grab on his left shoulder and whipped his head around to see Dustin, Lucas and Max looking at him with smug expressions. Mike sighed and turned completely around.

"Yes?"
Dustin chuckled. "Okay, here's the plan. Will's gonna be here any second now. Me, Max and Lucas will all be hiding around the bend watching to make sure you don't chicken out."
"We want you to stand by the stairs at the front entrance." Max pointed toward the doors as if no one already knew where their own school's damn entrance was. "Pace back and forth with a really worried expression on your face. Remember, you're playing the part of a lovesick fool who's about to confess his forbidden love."
"Woah, you guys are taking this way too seriously." Mike interjected.
"It was a great dare." Lucas answered. "Wills gonna flip his shit when he thinks your gay for him. We want it to be awesome." The whole group laughed while Mike shushed them before someone overheard and got the wrong idea of what was going on.
"Anyway." Max continued getting back on track. "Tell him that you need him in the AV room now and drag him there. Hold his hand and pull urgently the WHOLE way. Then once you're in..." she paused and looked back and forth between Dustin and Lucas. Finally she turned back to Mike and continued. "...Confess."

Mike rubbed his temples. "You guys are insane."
"THERE'S JONATHAN'S CAR." Dustin screamed.

Max and Lucas quickly flew behind the corner and Mike was already hurrying to his place

"REMEMBER; MAKE IT BELIEVABLE WHEELER." He heard his friend shout from behind him.

Mike got into his place and began to pace. He snuck a look at the car and saw the bob of a small caramel brown head pop out of the doorway and wave goodbye to his brother. Mike looked back down, his heart now beating 1000 miles per hour.

Game on.