«21»

jimin sighed to himself as he leaned his head on the car door, which shook his head like a cranium blender. he would of slept, but his stomach was twisted in too many knots. he was on the way to the so-called sunshine camp, which was ironic. the sun never shined there. however, if all went to plan, he would be out of that place within in a couple of hours.

fortunately, it was jimin's mom who had decided to drive him there, so the car trip was relatively silent. she had attempted to make some small talk about how - much to jimin's displeasure - jiyeon had moved to the same town as jimin for her new job, but jimin simply blocked her annoying voice out.

rather than talking to her, jimin checked his messages. most of them were from taehyung.

...

[minttae & tinymochi]

december 18, 2018
7:13 a.m.

minttae >> hey

minttae >> are you doing okay

im really bored lol << tinymochi

minttae >> dont worry :)

minttae >> youll be out of that hellhole in no time

minttae >> and then we'll have two weeks to do whatever you want to :)

what would i do without you << tinymochi

minttae >> ikr ur so lucky to have a friend like me

minttae >> welp ima go back to sleep, see you soon

byeeeee << tinymochi

...

      jimin smiled softly to himself as he read over the text messages. he really didn't know what he'd do without taehyung. the two, along with the help from their friend group (save for jungkook), had hatched a plan to get jimin out of the correction camp. if their acting skills were good enough, jimin would be free from the demonic clutches of the camp.

after an hour of endless highways and desolated meadows, the car finally took a sharp turn onto a desolate, rocky road completely surrounded by nature. jimin groaned as the service on his phone disappeared, completely cutting him off from the outside world.

jimin and his mother arrived to a sudden clearing filled with depressed-looking teenagers and counselors. the scenery was fairly nice; they were surrounded completely by pine trees, where birds were perched, singing sweetly.

"here we are," jimin's mother mused as she stopped the car and exited, slamming the door behind her with a loud thud.

jimin sluggishly followed her out, still half-asleep. he was greeted by dark clouds looming over the horizon, cloaking the pink and tangerine painted sky.

"so much for sunshine camp," he muttered to himself as he dragged out a large backpack filled to the brim with random clothes and clutter needed for the correction camp.

"oh." jimin's mother looked off into the distance, a hand placed above her eye to block out the sun, which was peeking out from between the thousands of trees. "i think a counselor is looking for you."