«35»

another month passed until jimin was finally released from the hospital; his wounds had healed enough, but he had been warned not to operate any heavy machinery or strain himself. fortunately, the time spent at the hospital had not been too boring; taehyung and their friends, including jungkook, visited him each and every day to entertain me.

as for jimin and hoseok's apartment, it was completely run down. no one had visited it in a month; hoseok had decided to spend all of his time at yoongi's house. dust littered each corner of the room and the paint on the walls had almost completely peeled off. when jimin finally went back home with taehyung, early in the morning, he was shocked to see the state of the place where he had once lived.

"no, nope, no," taehyung exclaimed as he inspected a cracked wall. "there's no way you can live here."

jimin scratched the back of his neck as he crouched down to brush off some dust from a photograph of him and taehyung. "it's not like i can go anywhere else," he responded. "i haven't really gotten any money for the past two months."

"move in with me," taehyung scoffed as if it were obvious. "hoseok can probably sell the apartment. he pretty much already lives at yoongi's house."

jimin's eyes widened. "really? thank you!" he smiled and ran over to give taehyung a tight hug.

taehyung chuckled and wrapped his arms around jimin before pressing a quick kiss against the shorter boy's lips. "i can't really imagine not waking up next to you." he grinned. "yeontan really misses you, too."

"hold on, i'll call hoseok first." jimin said and took out his phone, dialing his roommate.

"jimin?" the voice on the other end spoke. "is everything okay?"

"yeah," jimin exclaimed, unable to hide the happiness laced in his voice. "uh, i just went to our apartment, and it's really messy here. i was thinking about moving in with taehyung. is that ok?"

the opposite line was silent for a bit while hoseok yelled something to yoongi. "yeah, that's fine! i was considering moving in with yoongi, anyway."

jimin pumped the air with his fist. "alright, thanks! see ya!" he hung up.

"he said it was ok," jimin smiled and enveloped taehyung in another hug. "i guess i'll start packing, then?"

taehyung nodded and began to pick up what he identified as jimin's stuff, stuffing it into a random bag which he found on the ground. jimin took out a large suitcase and began packing the few articles of clothing which he had. since jimin wasn't exactly the richest person out there, he didn't have that many things; they finished packing in mere hours.

jimin grabbed his suitcase and another smaller bag as they headed out; jimin bidded the apartment goodbye before he stepped out. he couldn't be more thankful to hoseok for giving him a place to stay. the apartment really was like home to him.

"guess this is it, huh?" jimin asked the old, rusted door. "i guess this will be the last time i ever close or open you. thanks for everything."

"are you seriously talking to a door?" taehyung snorted as he pressed the elevator button. "dork."

"do you mind?" jimin laughed, turning towards his boyfriend for a second. "i'm trying to have a moment here."

taehyung suppressed an eyeroll as they stepped into the elevator for the last time. jimin closed the doors of the apartment building for the last time. he stepped down the broken steps for the last time. he couldn't help but feel a little sentimental, even though he had only lived here for a couple of months.