«37»

taehyung led him to the middle of the dance floor and began to twirl him around. truthfully, it was pretty fun. as jimin grew more comfortable with the new environment, he gradually began to hatch out of his shyness. he began to dance with confidence, and soon after, a crowd gathered around him as he showed off the skills which he had learned over the years. along with singing, dancing was a hobby that jimin was very passionate about.

after an hour or so of simply enjoying themselves, the couple began to get thirsty. obviously, they headed over to the bar, hand in hand, which was positioned in a secluded corner of the club.

the bartender was a young guy, most likely a little bit older than jimin and taehyung. he leaned forward on the counter. "what may i get you?" he asked, obviously checking out jimin from head to toe as he smirked.

"he has a boyfriend," taehyung snapped and wrapped a protective, strong arm around jimin's narrow shoulders. "we'll take two drinks. make it quick."

the bartender, who's name read jinsoo, rolled his eyes and grabbed two ice cold beverages out of a box filled with ice. he handed the drinks to jimin with a secretive wink, completely ignoring taehyung's malicious glare.

taehyung headed over to a small, empty table and sat down, downing the beverage in one gulp. he let out a small sigh, wanting more.

jimin pushed his glass towards taehyung; he had bad memories with alcohol, so he wasn't much of a drinker. "here, take mine," jimin murmured as he scratched the back of his neck, obviously uncomfortable with the confrontation with the bartender.

jimin learned that day that taehyung had really low alcohol tolerance. after a couple more drinks, he was completely drunk as he staggered around. jimin couldn't help but laugh as taehyung attempted to drunkenly propose to him; even though jimin barely had enough money to order a cab, the situation was rather hilarious.

"i love you." taehyung slurred as he fumbled around for something in the pocket of his jeans. instead of a ring, he pulled out an old candy wrapper. "will you marry me? fuck, i have to go to the bathroom."

jimin doubled over in laughter as taehyung dropped the wrapper and abruptly walked over towards the bathroom, completely having forgotten about the proposing.

once taehyung was out of eyesight, jimin let his eyes trail across the club. it was getting more chaotic by the second; the short boy felt a little claustrophobic. the hairs on the back of his neck began to prickle as his eye caught the bartender's. the bartender, jinsoo, suddenly left his post and began to head over towards jimin.

uncomfortable, jimin stood up from the chair and began to walk away, hoping that the man would leave him alone. unfortunately, that didn't work. jinsoo quickened his pace until he reached jimin. jimin let out a quiet squeak as jinsoo's arm suddenly pushed jimin, pinning him against the wall.

the older boy's breath was too close for jimin's liking as he leaned in. "your stupid boyfriend is gone now," he whispered seductively, giving a light nip to jimin's ear.

jimin froze and attempted to push jinsoo away, but the bartender was a little stronger than him. jimin had never regained all of his strength after being in the hospital for so long. "he isn't stupid," jimin argued as he attempted to wriggle out of his grip. "just leave me alone! what the fuck do you want?!"

"i want you," jinsoo murmured and plunged in, attacking jimin's neck with his lips, one hand leaning on the wall behind them. "how can i not take advantage of you, when you're standing right here in front of me?"

jimin let out an uneasy grunt and lifted his knee, hitting the bartender right in his nether region. "taehyung!" he hollered as loud as he could, his voice straining at the effort. multiple people turned towards the source of the noise, but no one bothered to help.

jinsoo staggered back at the impact, but immediately rushed forward again to cover jimin's mouth with his big hand to keep him from saying anything else. fortunately, it was too late for him. as soon as taehyung heard jimin's desperate call for help, he came rushing out of the bathroom, ready to fight someone.

he spotted jinsoo and jimin against the wall; jimin was obviously struggling. taehyung yanked the bartender away from his boyfriend, and in his drunken state, he began to throw punches at the older boy. jinsoo clutched his stomach as jimin attempted to pull his boyfriend away from him.

"taehyung, stop," jimin whimpered as he pulled on the hem of taehyung's shirt. "it's not worth it. let's just go home."

taehyung directed a final smack at jinsoo's face before pulling away and interlocking jimin's hand with his. "sorry," he slurred and began to stumble and pull jimin towards the exit, leaving the bartender behind.

jimin giggled again as taehyung began to murmur sweet drunken nothings to his boyfriend as jimin called a cab to take them back to the apartment. taehyung fell asleep in jimin's lap on the way home, which jimin took multiple pictures of. with his hair disheveled and eyes closed, taehyung looked adorable.

jimin hoped he'd never have to go to a club again.