five

-Noah-

"Babe I want to hang out with you right now!" I whined through the phone to my girlfriend.

"I can't Noah, I'm going out with the girls tonight," Emma, my girlfriend tells me.

"Why can't I come? You tell me I act like a little girl all the time," I tell her.

"That's not a good thing, you're acting like a child right now, whining through the phone," she tells me and I can just imagine the smile on her face.

"Who are you even going out with? Is there going to be a guy there? I should come to supervise," I tell her seriously.

"Noah there will be no guys with us and it's just a few friends from work," she says.

"Who? I didn't know you had friends? Who are these people you associate yourself with?" I ask her as I pull out a bag of chips from my cupboard. I left Harry's a few hours ago. I did promise him I would talk to Evelyn, but I realized that is very hard when you don't know anything about her.

"Noah you're an asshole. I'm going with my friend Lexi, who you have met and Evelyn, both people I work with," she says. I instantly spit the chips out of my mouth at the sound of Evelyn.

"Evelyn?" I ask.

"Yes Evelyn, why do you know her?" She asks.

"Does she have light hair, blue eyes and is sassy almost like Harry?"

"Uh yeah actually," she says creeped out.

"Babeee," I drag out, "Please let me come with you, I'm trying to be a good friend and hook Harry up with a girl and I think you know the girl who I know so please Em," I beg her.

"Babe, it was only supposed to be us girls, I promised-"

"Pleaseeeee!" I drag out again. I swear my manliness went down about thirty percent.

"Fine Noah," she sighs, "but only if you stop making that horrendous whining sound." She adds.

I smile, "Of corse honeybun anything for you." I say and I can just see her rolling her eyes.

***

-Evelyn-

"My boyfriend is coming," Emma says as we enter the bar.

"I thought we planned on a girls night Em," Alexis tells her as we all take a seat at the bar. To me I didn't really mind if she had her boyfriend come; I've never met him and from everything Emma has said he seems like a nice guy.

"I know Lex, and I'm sorry but he wouldn't stop asking and I felt bad, and technically he is a very girly boy. I mean I'm surprised he isn't gay," she says and we all laugh.

"At least Noah is nice," Alexis says as we order our drinks.

A few minutes later, a guy comes up from behind Emma and hugs her.

"Hello Emmy," he says and they share a kiss. I'm guessing this is her boyfriend.

He finally turns to face me and I almost spit out my beer.

"For the love of god," I say to the guy who I recognized as Harry's friend from the other night.

"You must be Evelyn, I'm Noah," he says smirking at me.

"This is your boyfriend?" I say facing Emma, she just nodded in response as Noah took a seat next to her, Alexis sitting on the other side of me.

"Of corse he is," I say taking a huge gulp of my drink.