Cant be

Gwen wakes up and bolts to the bathroom. Her head is in the toilet as she throws up. She can't be sick she tells herself. She has the boys to take care of and she certainly can't do that with her head in the toilet. Normally she would have been able to ask Blake to take the boys, however things have been pretty rough since that night at Luke's over a month ago. When she finally feels like she is done throwing up for now, she moves to go back to bed. That wasn't the boys plan however as she hears their cries before her head even hits the pillow.  She gets up and moves to get the boys morning started. While the boys are devouring their pancakes she made them, her phone rings.

"Hello" she answers

"Hey Gwen! It's Endy! Would you want to have lunch together today?"

"Oh hi Endy! Yeah sure it's probably a good idea for us to get out of the house. I will have to bring the boys because Blake is already out in the barn."

"That's ok I want to see the little munchkins anyway."

"Ok so where were you thinking of eating?"

"How about the dinner?"

"Yeah that's perfect."

Gwen gets the boys ready dealing with more episodes of nausea but refuses to allow herself to be sick. Once they are all ready to go Gwen calls Blake's phone wanting him to know they were leaving.

"Hello"

"Hey Blake." Gwen says shyly

"Hey what's up?"

"I..I just wanted to let you know that the boys and I are going to meet Endy for lunch."

"Ok."

The line goes dead and Gwen realizes he hung up already. She feels like she could crawl in bed and cry all day. Her emotions are all over the map and she is married to and loves a man who can't even talk to her on the phone. This alone sends another wave of nausea through her. She can only pray it stops before they get to the restaurant.
                                                                ........................................................................
When they get to the restaurant Endy meets them at the car to take one of the boys, that way Gwen doesn't have to get the stroller out or anything. They get seated right away to which Gwen was grateful. Toddlers don't tend to wait very well.

"How have you been? It been awhile since we did a get together at moms house!"

"Good we are good. How about you?"

"Good but let me tell you men are so much more work than even children some times. I was beyond ready to get out of the house before I kill Mike."

"I hear ya. They can be a pain for sure."

"Yeah all morning he has complained that I'm grumpy. I'm sitting there like if you did what I asked maybe I wouldn't be. Then he proceeds to ask me if I'm on my period. He says I only get like this then. What guy asks a girl if she is on her period."

"One asking for it I would say." And both women begin laughing

Gwen suddenly stops as she tries to remember when her last period was. It's now that she realizes she is very late. Not just by a few days either. We are talking weeks late. She starts thinking rapidly about all the factors; morning sickness, no period, sex, mood swings, tiredness. What is she going to do? All of these symptoms described one thing. She is pregnant.

"Gwen!!" Endy yells for the fourth time

"Yeah? sorry. I guess I zoned out there."

"Are you ok? Your white as a ghost."