Thank you

"Blakee we need to leave in five minutes." Gwen yells up the steps before making sure they have everything the boys need while at Dot's house.

"Ok sunshine I'll be down in a minute."

The boys are staying with Dot while Blake and Gwen go to their first doctors appointment. She had done the tests at home two weeks ago but things had gotten so messy she hadn't been to the doctor yet. She and Blake were finally in a really good place. Gwen was the happiest she can ever remember being. Her first pregnancy she had been on her own and that had been really rough. The morning sickness has been bad this pregnancy like the last but this time she has Blake. She told him he didn't have to get up every time she ran to the bathroom but he did and held her hair while she threw up. Gwen is pulled out of her thoughts by a kiss on her head. She leans into Blake for a minuet relishing in the feel of him.

"Ready sunshine?"

"Yeah the boys are packed and I have my purse."

"Alright let's head out."

They each grab a boy and are on the way to Dots house.
............................................................
They pull into the doctors office parking lot. Blake is so excited he is out of the car and around opening Gwen's door before she can even take her seatbelt off.

"Let me help ya sunshine." Blake helps Gwen down from the truck.

They walk in holding hands. Blake is speed walking at first and Gwen finds herself giggling.

"Cowboy your legs are a lot longer than mine. Slow down some."

"Sorry I guess I'm a little bit excited."

They make it inside and Gwen checks in before joining Blake in the waiting room. Blake takes her hand wanting to have some kind of contact with her. When the nurse calls them back to the room Gwen is sure Blake is going to explode. The nurse hands Gwen a cup and shows her the bathroom. When she comes back to the room the nurse sets up to drawl blood. When she finished the nurse tells them the doctor will be in shortly.

"I'm so excited Gwen. I know I'm the boys dad but I'm finally gonna have a child of my own. I've wanted this for so long."

"I know you are. The boys are just like you. They can't sit still when they are excited."

"I'm sorry. This is just new to me and knowing there is a tiny human in there.."Blake says placing his hand on Gwen's stomach "just blows my mind. Like a tiny human is in there that we made. Without this baby who knows how long it would have taken us to give us a try. That makes this baby a blessing already and it's not even here yet."

Gwen smiles at Blake knowingly. She is grateful they shared there feelings and finally she doesn't have to hold back her feelings. Having this baby may just be exactly what their little family needed. Gwen leans over planting a kiss on Blake's lips just as there is a knock at the door and a woman in a white coat comes in.

"Hi, you must be Gwen and I'm guessing you are dad?"

"Yes Blake. Blake Shelton."

"Well it's nice to meet you both. I'm happy to tell you that you most certainly are pregnant. Now I was looking over your chart Gwen and this isn't your first baby correct?"

"Correct. This is my second, however this is our first together and his first. Long story short we have custody of my son and his brothers son. They are being raised as siblings. They were born on the same day in the same hospital."

"Oh wow. In that case you guys are probably pretty prepared for this."

"Yeah we are definitely ready." Gwen reassures