Fighting it

They day after they arrived home, they had a family lunch at Dots house. Gwen was tired, the last few days had been physically and emotionally draining. She wasn't sure she was ready for a family get together yet but they had planned it for today because Blake's sister was going out of town for a few weeks. So they had packed up the boys and were on the way to lunch. When they pulled into the drive way the boys knew where they were and started yelling "Nanna!". Both Blake and Gwen laughed at the cute enthusiasm both boys had. They got the boys out of the car and watched as they went toddling as fast as legs could carry them to the porch steps. Gwen was blown away at how much has happened and changed in the last few months. The boys are growing up so fast and it makes Gwen sad. She must have a had a look of sadness take over her face. 

"Hey you ok? Everything alright?" Blake asks as a look of concern melts into his facial features

"Yeah I'm ok. I'm just thinking about how fast they are growing up. Like they arent gonna be this little very long."

"Yeah that's very true but your are doing amazing job with them. You know how I know? I know because they are growing up. They are happy. They have a mom and a dad plus extended families that love them to death. We wouldn't be doing our jobs if they weren't growing up. Plus we are gonna have a new baby around in a little while." Blake says trying to take the tears from her eyes

It doesn't matter what goes down between them, he loves her and he never wants to see her upset or hurt. He wants to that beautiful smile of hers that breaks out across her face when she is truly happy. When the boys reach the door they try to ring the door bell but they are both to short. So they turn to their parents.

"Mama! Mama!" Jupiter yells

"What baby?" Gwen asks him and he points to the door bell. "You want mommy to lift you so you can ring it?" Jupiter shakes his head yes as Gwen makes it to him and lifts him up.

When the door opens both boys scream "NANNA!"

"My boys!" Dot says bending down and taking both boys into her arms. "Nanna missed you boys!" She tries to pick both boys up but can't manage.

Richie begins to cry when Dot stands up with Jupiter. Mike walks up to the front door now.

"Well what have we got going on here? What are ya crying about Richie? Come here to grandpa. I'll hold ya. Does that sound good?" Richie shakes his head and stops crying.

They all make their way out back to eat lunch. Endy and her Mike are already out back waiting for everyone. They all sit down and enjoy their food. Dot is a mom however and she can tell that something is off between Blake and Gwen. She can't quite put her finger on it but something is up. When everyone is done with lunch the men take the boys out in the yard to play, the women clean up the meal.

"It's really good to see Blake with a women like you. You have done wonders for my son. He never smiled and now he does every time he looks at you. I hope you realize just how much he loves you. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at you."

Gwen doesn't answer Dot she just smiles, which only furthers her suspicions that something happened between those two. 

"Hey why don't Mike and I keep the kids tonight so you guys can go out to dinner together without kids?"

"Hmmm Yeah I guess that would be good." Gwen says slowly trying to think of a reason to say no but all she comes up with is a reason to say yes.