Leave it to the Cool One

The night emerged, stars surrounded the whole sky, (y/n) and Shirley already ate and now they were spending their night together on their hammocks. The breeze made them shiver so they borrowed sewn blankets made by the Rito twins. "I swear I'm gonna wake up on the floor when I wake up on the floor..." her friend sleepily said. "You should sleep already, You're repeating your own sentences again." (y/n) stated while reading her book about surviving in the wildlife.

Shirley moaned as she moved around to have the perfect position to sleep. (y/n) on the other hand, kept reading until a swirl of wind completely switched the pages to the end of the book. She now lost the page she was reading, so in the end, the wind doomed her night. Annoyed, She got out of the hammock and tippy-toed her way out of her windowed room. In fact, the room sustained large gaps that all winds could enter without a problem. A cracking sound spooked (y/n) as she was only drinking a cup of water. "Mh, I really should go back, It's really late..." she whispered to herself. But yet, another cracking heard from her right ear sent her goosebumps. She turned her head back just to see it was actually just another woken Rito.

"(y/n)?" spoke the royal blue one. "Is that you, Plover?" (y/n) came into realization. His blue color contrasted the sky as his shade was much lighter and his brown eyes surrounded a turquoise highlight as well as the line around his neck.

"yeah, why awake right now though?" his deep voice vibrated. "the wind kind of pissed me off, so I'm here watching the trees and the tall mountains..." (y/n) said, "But secretly, I'm actually planning where to camp! You wanna come with us?" she thrilled. The older Rito placed his hands on the bottom of his peak, obviously thinking about it. "Heh, okay, but I'm only gonna be there as a guard. I don't want to be blamed as the one who let some young ones go alone by themselves..."

"Woohoo! It's gonna be fun. And risky..." She smirked but the Rito warned her to not do anything stupid.

At last, both of them went to bed. However, the crackling sounds weren't from Plover but rather from another Rito who was listening to the conversation...

---

The sunrise awoke the two Hylian teenagers. The bright sunlight laid on (y/n)'s face, forcing her to open her eyes. As she placed her feet down on the ground, she felt a soft but yet hard "thing" just to realize it was Shirley on the floor. "mh...I told you.."

(y/n) giggled and both of them ran to where her parents were cooking breakfast, which was a similar room as theirs but the gaps on the "walls" were covered by short curtains to prevent the fire to go away. The smell of bread, egg, and sugar invaded the girl's noses that they couldn't resist long to eat already!

"Are you loving the place, Shirley?" asked (y/n)'s mom. "yeah I am! I'm grateful my mom actually allowed me to go. If not, I would have been bored at home..."

"I'm glad you're liking it!" She placed the breakfast right on the table and the Hylian teens gobbled it all up.

Meanwhile, Revali woke up with a huge headache unexpectedly. Because of this, his vexation for today increased by 10%. He grabbed his bow nonetheless and headed out, skipping breakfast. "If you're skipping breakfast again, I'm not gonna feed you when you come back!" shouted his mom who had a purple tone of feathers.

Revali stumbled across Plover who had a camo green bag filled with supplies. "Hey, Revali. Can you stop checking me out and move out, please?"

Revali's eyes widen, "Ugh! that's gross, why would I do that?"

"I was joking. By the way, again with the practice? It doesn't start until next week."

"I'm only trying to better myself. How about you with that bag?" Revali asked although he knew what the answer was.