Feathered Romeo

Throughout a whole year, (y/n) contentedly rehearsed her swordsmanship with her tutor. She learned the passages and halls inside the royal castle and even met princess Zelda personally. At one point disrupting her busy life, she had received a letter invitation for Katiel's wedding. Thankfully the appointed date didn't obstruct any practice lessons, therefore, on that day, she dressed formally and even took Shirley with her to Rito Village. The sweet espousal made some relatives, especially Pugu and Poki, shed tears as Plover and Katiel appeared so pure together. The bride wore a long pink sheath gown while the spouse had an appropriate Rito tux. While the wedding rejoiced, Revali and (y/n) discussed their future. Revali conversated his dedication towards archery and the pride of his homeland while his wife protected the castle. After thinking through the means of meeting each other, they instead planned to meet each other once every 2 months in Hyrule Ridge, which is in between Rito Village and Hyrule Castle Town.

The first time they met there, Revali impressed her with his updraft progress, his wings becoming stronger over time. (y/n) meanwhile had brought snacks for their twosome picnic. They had even realized they brought their eternal rings for the moment. 

The second time was wonderful as well, leading a lovers' combat with swords, but she would always win. At least It reminded Revali to exercise more on it.

However, after the third time traveling here, (y/n) spoke to him about her near achievement coming close in 4 months. Her tutor ordered from now on she couldn't leave her town. Conclusively, they ended their compromise. 

But, on a distant solemn night when Revali found an unopened letter on his desk, It read: 

My soulmate, Revali, 

If you read this, It means I finally own my own house. After much work put on my lessons, the Royals have regarded me as a strong archer and swordsman...or woman. For that reason, they offered me a special deal for a good house that I quickly fell in love. Now you can visit me whenever you want without the notice of my mother and father. In fact, before the clock hits 12 before my 18th birthday, I want you to knock on my door. There's something I've been waiting to tell you.

Eternally yours, (y/n)

When that night came to be, (y/n) drank her late coffee, her magenta clothes revealing a bit more skin than any other. The walls inside sustained the same cocoa color from her old room because she loved the nostalgia within. Consequently, 3 knocks woke the languid Hylian and thus opened the door, presenting her feathered Romeo. 

"Just in time, I see?" she said, her head leaning on the side. The indigo Rito clawed inside, inspecting the small yet cozy home. An auburn wooden desk lied on the corner of the room while a queen-sized bed displayed across from it. The tall window beside it sprayed moonlight on the undone crimson sheets, soaring a romantic tone.

"Your house is pretty. It's spacious but soothing. (y/n)..." Revali continued while the Hylian laid down on her wide mattress, "How does it feel knowing we won't see each other much?"

"Well, It's not like we ordinarily see each other every day. That would be a dream come true." She watched the blank ceiling, "but Revali, Do you mind if I told you something?"

Revali sat down next to her, the marshmallow bed shaking.

The moonlight glimmered on her precious face, "Revali, how do I perfectly say this...How do I say this without remembering and crying again? I know it was such a long time but one night of trauma can scar forever."

The avian leaned closer to her, his arm balancing next to her face, " (y/n), just tell me." his voice soothed the girl. Her eyes which redden steadily blinked a spark of sadness, "Revali, I wish I was pure for you. I wished this had never happened but it did. The soreness that stuck with me on the last day at the carnival wasn't because of myself falling. Rem...I don't even want to say his name."

Drips of sweet melancholy streamed onto his blue hand. "You'd imagine the pain I went through when it occurred, that trauma echoes. I don't want it within me, I want you. I want my archer, my love. I always wanted you to be my first." she wept, "But you can't be my first, I've ruined it. But I still beg of you...if you cure this terror within...and soak me with true love unlike the other..."

"(y/n)..." He brushed her tears off from her cheeks, "You can't blame this on yourself. We can always do this. If you want me..."

Both (y/n)'s and Revali's hand simultaneously shifted down to her bare stomach, causing his blush to redden and his heart to palpitate, "...the desire I always wanted."

12 struck on the clock, leading golden bells of a temple ring in the distance.