The Culmination of Katiel

12:00 pm and the sun was up high in the center, casting shadows on every object and houses of Rito Village. Some days were boring while others interesting, but the same old breeze sustained. Katiel baked pastries as a hobby while also teaching her sister how. That same day she was baking, Revali visited.

"Hey, how you've been?" he asked, placing his bow on the table. "Well I can sure tell you are hungry, do you want some?" she offered him her pastries which on top were decored with cute pastel blues and pinks. 

Revali grabbed some ate them, " They're good." he simply said, "By the way, are you coming to that popular party? I can't wait to go!"

"Um, no. I don't really like crowded places. Isn't every teen gonna go? It's gonna be a wreck."

Revali sighed, "Again with this? I thought you got over that shyness." 

Katiel replied although much harsher, "Yeah well it doesn't mean that I'm afraid of big crowds especially when they're strangers. And besides, every time I go somewhere with you, you're always so...so..."

"So what-"

"So arrogant! It's the only thing you know what to do! Whenever I try to speak, you interrupt me and it's always about you."

"Exactly. You TRY to speak. You still can't conversate right with new people, it frustrates me, so I talk instead. And besides, what's so wrong about my pride? I mean, am I lying? No, I'm only saying the truth. If I say I actually shot 9 arrows to the center in less than 10 seconds, it's because it actually happened."

In the meantime, Gala thought to herself on the corner of the room, "they're fighting again..."

"Yeah I struggle to speak doesn't mean you gotta put yourself first! Ever thought about me? It's only times when we're alone together that you do care. How unfortunate."

"I do care! I try my best when I find you sad. I help you every time you shed a tear, or when you're mad but in the end, it's useless because you keep wanting me to change. It's like I can't be myself, not even with friends." He soon left.

Another day, another fight. How many times does this have to happen? thought Revali. While walking off, Plover saw him, "Hey, hold on. What happened this time?" 

"Katiel and I got in an argument again. She wants me to change like always." he ran off. 

Plover sighed, wishing he could console her again. Even though the two friends didn't hang out well, Plover knew why. Revali was just too stubborn while Katiel was so delicate. Adding those two combinations together and you get a messy outcome. 

At night, when Katiel had nothing else to do, she strolled through the park of Rito Village. There she found Plover, who was reading a book on a wooden bench.

"Why reading a book here, Plover?"

"Hey, Katiel. My sisters had a sleepover tonight with a bunch of friends so It made me awkward. So I'm just here wasting time with this book I never read in my life. but..." he shyly continued, "you can hang out with me if you want."

"Sure!" she sat closely next to him which didn't bother him. 

"So I heard you guys fought again," he mentioned.

"Mh, so Revali told you. (sigh) I'm just so tired of him...Well not really, I..." she finally confessed, "Plover, I actually love Revali, but he doesn't know"

The bright blue Rito's eyes widen, he seriously never thought she liked him, especially when they were fighting all this time. "You love him!?"

"Yeah, I know. I always had a crush on him since I was very young, and it was always my dream to talk to him, become friends with him," her eyes watered, "But now, I see the reality. Love is not always like that. Love can take time. Love is when you know somebody so well and fit each other like a puzzle. Not the other way around."

Seeing her tears form, Plover wiped them with his gentle hands. "I don't know what to do. I don't know whether to confess or just forget. But then If I pretend I never loved him, my heart will always wonder if he ever loved me back. It's the only thing I want to know in my life."

"I think you should confess If it makes you feel better. But I swear, If he hurts you over that, I will be here for you. Just remember that."

The white Rito blushed as both of their eyes locked for a couple of seconds, "T-thank you." her soft voice replied.

The next day followed, and Katiel woke up happy without knowing why. She cooked breakfast for her big brother Katoo and her little sister, Gala. "Katiel, why is that you always have to be fighting with Revali?" she blurted out.

"Fighting? what's going on, Katiel" the brother strictly said.

"No, don't worry about it, Katoo. It was just over something insignificant I swear. Besides, I'm gonna go talk to him today. Everything will be resolved"

"Mmh..." he doubted her but it was all right. Katiel felt sure of it.

Revali finally took a break from the training. The sunset shifted down to the mountains while he drank the last drops of his water bottle. However, a tap from his back scared him.

"Wah! Oh, it's just you, Katiel. Look I'm sorry I-"

"No, no need to say sorry. I actually I wanted to tell you something I always wanted to say a long time ago..." 

Her black eyes humbly stared into his heart, he was sure of it. Although his heart wanted to beat faster, It seemed more like a fabricated imagination. The ambiance turned grey as she steadily frowned her happy grin. 

"And I'm sure you kind of know already. But...basically," with both of her hands, she held his left hand up to her chest, "I always loved you."

When she confessed, Revali didn't know whether to look away or not. His plain face simply begged her to say something else.

"Well, I used to love you a lot back when I was younger. You didn't even know me back then! But, I always wanted you. And Goddess Hylia did grant me that wish. However..." She lowered his hand, "My feelings are not the same anymore. I no longer feel those strong butterflies on my stomach, I don't feel my heart freaking out. I don't feel anything. It's nothing."

"I see..." He looked at her hands still holding his lonely wing.

"Revali I know it was such bad timing for me to confess but, I just want to know one thing."

He glanced back again at her black eyes.

 "Have you ever loved me back..?"

The darkness within her eyes carried him to another space of time, one where he felt a connection, happiness, and love. Beautiful hair blending in his dream, a body he'll never touch, the soft skin of a beautiful Hylian. But then he saw the girl in front of her. Her soft feathers caressed his hand as she brought her secret to life. 6 months of Katiel, 183 days of a beautiful white Rito, and not a single feeling ever bloomed for her. Sure, perhaps they would hang out together alone with no one else in the room, but in the end, they were just friends. 

He also realized he had to confess too.

"Katiel, this might hurt you but...I always loved somebody else. Someone that I can't really have. But that doesn't mean I never loved you. I always tried, but...it never worked out. I'm sorry."

Katiel sighed and smiled contentedly, "It's okay. That's all I needed to know."

Before she left, the white Rito got closer to his cheek and with her beak, imitated a Hylian kiss. Revali blushed as his hand finally rested from her hands.

While Katiel walked away, she thought to herself, "Someone who you can't have...who is it?" she further wondered, "Could it be....that Hylian?"

On the other hand, (y/n) strongly felt someone was thinking of her.