Hopelessly

Revali couldn't literally sleep that night. Even though he had his eyes closed, his mind was awake by the number of memories between him and (y/n). His mixed emotions swirled like a heavy tornado and his heart palpitated endlessly. Yet, could it be possible? Or perhaps was he interpreting everything the wrong way? He moved back and forth on his hammock, "How many hours had passed," wondered the puzzled one until suddenly he had heard multiple voices afar. When he opened his eyes, the bright blue sky right before sunset had invaded his sight, dazzling him. Quietly sneaking out of his home, he crept towards the direction of the voices. 

"Well, it's time to go now. We're all ready." said the tall father, so Shirley and (y/n) mounted their brown horse. A pink Rito presumably to be Wren waved at the family and Shirley while they set off. However, the blue Rito ran, passing by Wren who nearly got a heart attack. 

"(Y/N)!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. 

The Hylian stopped the horse to turn around, but her parents called her out. "Hey, we can't stop, you know! Let's go!"

But when she turned around, her eyes found the other pair of eyes that begged her to come back. 

As the distance between her and him separated, tears formed from his face. "Revali you nearly scared me to dea- Oh, are you alright?" the Rito mother asked. He wiped off his tears, "I'm okay," he lied.

---

4 long hours returned the family and the blonde Hylian to Hyrule Castle Town, which was lively and filled with busy crowds. Shirley's mother was waiting at the entrance because she just couldn't wait to see her daughter. "Mom!" the blondie shouted.

"Shirley! it's been so long. How was your trip?"

"It was awesome! There's so much to talk about! Like for example, we saved a child, and we went to go eat dinner and I sang with the Ritos and..." she kept going on and on while her mom interrupted, "Okay that's it you can tell me later on at home. Also, I want to thank you for taking Shirley over there," she gave my mom a special present which was a home-made cake. 

"Thank you! I mean we really don't deserve this, trust me"

"No, keep it! It's my gratitude since we don't really have our own horse..."

In the end, They all marched to their homes sweet homes. Shirley talked endlessly about her adventure with her mother while (y/n) held the big cake with strawberries on top of the chocolate frosting as her parents tried to unlock their front door. She already couldn't wait to devour this sugary dessert.

After unpacking everything inside the rich brown house, They all served themselves a piece of chocolate cake. Upon the first bit on (y/n)'s mouth, she instantly fell in love with it. For the moment, her parents chatted about their time in Rito Village.

"So did you like the one-week vacation?" asked her mother. The adolescent responded, "Yeah I did. It was actually very fun, especially with my friend Shirley. So many things happened within that whole week..."

"Oh, like what?" her dad questioned with his mouth full.

"Mmh well, I became friends with Katiel. She was always so quiet and introverted until now, I could see her true colors. Also, have you guys seen Virio? He was finally walking! Honestly, that gave me quite a shock."

The conversation continued even after she finished with her stories. But then, one topic, in particular, caught her attention.

"I just remembered Wren telling me about one of our Gerudo friends who is actually engaged with a Rito. Isn't that kind of creepy?" the mom said.

"Yeah, I've heard. I mean you can love whoever you want but..." the dad replied.

"I remember back in our days, that Gerudo would tell us she would love to date a Rito but we never took her seriously. It's shocking that after all these years, she is going to marry one."

"Marrying, huh. And then you rarely see those types of couples anywhere. Especially one with a Hylian."

The mother continued, " A Hylian and a Rito? I've never seen that in my life. I rather not think of it either."

(y/n) toyed with her cake leftovers with her fork while listening, but then her mom called, "(y/n), would you ever date a Rito?"

"I mean she does hang out a lot with that blue one..." the father mentioned but the mom shushed him. 

"So?" her mom asked. Both parents kept waiting for her answer as the girl knew there was no other choice. No freedom of speech. No freedom to love.

"No, I never even thought of that." 

Her mom sighed, "Oh, you nearly scared me. I almost thought you were in love with one of your friends or something..."

"Mh, talk about love. Who do you really like, (y/n)?" asked the dad this time, but the girl suddenly lost her appetite. 

"Mom, I think I'm gonna eat this tomorrow If that's okay with you.."

"Sure, honey"

"And by the way dad, I don't really like anybody right now." she smiled while heading to her room.

Closing her door all the way in, she simply laid down to her green bed, grabbed a pillow, and shoved it onto her face. Weeping.