It's Only Getting Worse

All Evergreen remembered was running. Running, and running, and running. The exhaustion didn't register in her mind, the only thought that existed was survival. Someone had been chasing her for days, not allowing even a full nights rest, her body running on only adrenaline.

She even ran into Tom one day, having to cut it short to keep he and her mom safe. The wounds that she obtained from Woods burned from the lack of healing before her extended stints of running.

She could feel him getting closer and closer as she sprinted and hid from the impending doom that was closing in. She knew she couldn't run forever, she knew he would catch her.

That didn't stop her. On her rest stops, she had bought a large notebook and pen to write her findings and experiences. It was all she had, her last outreach for help. Maddison would appear to aid her as much as she could, and then disappear before she led him closer to the teen.

Evergreen knew so much about so many people, she had problems keeping organization of each story. Before she left, Toby and Sally told her their stories in as much detail as they could, hoping someone out there would hear their stories.

Evergreen also made quick sketches of who was chasing her, scattering them amongst the trees as warnings.

"Always watches, no eyes."

"You can run, but you can't hide"

"He's coming for you."

"He smells your fear."

There were many more, but those were the main messages scribbled amongst the quick drawings she created. She wanted to make sure that those who stumbled into the forest knew of the things hiding there.

Her days were spent writing, running, and drawing. Her wounds were festering, her mind slowly decaying, her stamina dying.

Her days were counting down, her stories were scribed down, and her body losing way too many pounds.

On her last day, she mailed the stories to anonymous recievers, feeling her life slowly drifting away. Tom had sent a search party for her, but their efforts were fruitless.

Each individual story she sent were titled "CreepyPasta Number...." followed by the number and name of each person she catalogued, including herself, hoping that her death wasn't in vain.

As she crumpled onto the porch of an old abandoned house, the tall man was finally above her. He stared down mercilessly, and as Evergreen heaved her breaths that she thought were her last, he uttered in a voice that she didn't even know existed.

"Finally we meet, child. I can't let you die yet." He grinned, teeth sharp and needle-like. The dapper tux he sported did not match his disturbing demeanor, neither did his red tie. "I'm not finished with your services, it's only getting worse."

**END**