Chapter 1

My name is Emily Maxwell. You could say i have the perfect life. I have a mom and a dad who care about me. I have an older sister, Jen, and a younger brother, Mason. We get a long pretty well. The all around perfect american family. Except i have a secret that could ruin that. I'm gay! and yes i know for a fact i'm gay, and my friends are the only people who know.

i am a senior in high school and i have a pretty small friend group. Let me introduce them. There's Dylan, who's my guy bestfriend. we've been friends since 3rd grade. There is also Jason, Olivia, Andrew, Payton, Andrea along with Dylan Megan and me. It's a small group but we have each others back.

It's currently 3rd period and i'm stuck in science. let's just say science is not my best subject. i was daydreaming when i felt a hard flick to the side of my head. i looked over to see Dylan smiling at me. "you dreaming about Rachel?" he said while smirking. i looked down blushing. Rachel Hicks was the most beautiful girl in the school. She was a senior also and i've had a crush on her since freshman year. every boy in the school is always drooling over her. add me to that list. let's just say i want to make that girl mine. but i don't want to tell my friends that so i deny it all the time.

"no i don't like her bud" i snapped back at dylan as he laughed. "you're not fooling anyone.." his words are cut off by the door opening and guess who walked in. no other than rachel herself. i can't help but stare at her beautiful blonde hair in a messy bun and your gorgeous blue eyes. i realize i am lost in my thoughts about her when dylan hit me again. "em why can't you just admit you like her?" "because dylan, i don't like her"