Chapter 33

The rest of week went on so slow, we went to school and rachel stayed over every night because her mom wouldn't let her in house the end of the school year was coming to an end. i had to do a lot of paper work and everything for college. i couldn't believe we were seniors. i wasn't ready to leave this town or this school.

it was already the end of 8th period and rachel was standing by the door yelling for me. i snapped out of my thoughts and just stared at her. this is the girl is who i want to spend my life with. i walked up to her and told her i had a surprise for her. since we have been dating for almost 7 months and i know it may be earlier but i bought her a promise ring.

before we got to my house i texted my mom to prepare a picnic basket for us. she absolutely loved the fact that i was happy and she loved rachel. once we got to my house, i told rachel to got get ready for a date. and i put on some casual clothes, a white button down, black jeans and white vans. no sooner did i fish putting on my shoes, the most beautiful angel walked down my stairs.

all i could say was "wow." she looked incredible, with a little red sundress and slip on shoes with her hair braided. it was simply but she looked amazing. i grabbed her hand and took her to my car. i already had the picnic basket in my car and all loaded up. she asked where we were going but i didn't say anything.

a little while later, we pulled to the same spot i took her the first time i saved her from matt. the sun was about to set so i quickly got everything out and set up. i made her turn around and close her eyes while i set up. i told her it was okay to look and she started to cry and came up to kiss me. she keep repeating that this is the best thing anyone has done for her.

about and hour later we just laughing and enjoy each other's company. i asked her to grabbed some forks from the basket, when she turned back around with the forks, i was kneeling in front of her.

"rachel elizabeth hicks, since the first moment i laid eyes on you in freshman year i have been in love. you are the most beautiful, most amazing girl i have ever met. it has only been 6 and a half months but those months have been the most few moments of my life. i want to spend the rest of my life with you. this isn't an engagement ring, but simply a promise ring. i promise to give you my best every single day. i love you baby. and i can't wait to grow old with you."

she said yes and started crying. she hugged me tight and had her arms around my neck so i took her by the waist and started twirling around with her when it started to rain. we both looked up as i was still holding her and started laughing. i kissed her softly again. this is the happiest moment of my life.