Chapter 29

It's been a while since i actually did something fun because of the whole leg thing. but rachel came over every day to keep me company. it's been a while since i had the cast on. and in about a week i was told i could get it off. i stood up from my bed without my crutches which i would have never been able to do when this first happened. i wobbled out of my room when i saw rachel walking up the stairs. she would kill me if she saw me not using my crutches. i turned to run back to my room and forgot completely about my leg and i fell. she walked up the stairs and looked at me, she shook her head and started laughing, "how's the view down there?" she helped me up and she told me she was craving ice cream. i needed to get out of the house anyway so we drove to the nearest grocery store.

we were looking for ice cream because you were craving it even though it was cold out. she couldn't decide what flavor to get so i started reading her about how indecisive she is. i then suggested we get all the flavors in the store and she just laughed. it was the kind of laugh i could listen to for the rest of my life. she said i was a dork and kissed me, she pressed against me so i felt how cold the tip of her nose was. she was only in sweats, hair so messy from being in bed all afternoon. and in this moment i knew i loved her more than i have ever loved anyone else. in this moment i knew she was my once in a lifetime. and yet all we were doing was looking for ice cream.

she continued to look for a flavor and finally decided on butter pecan. she had a little basket and was carrying it around. this girl is perfect, and she is all mine. i wobble behind her with my crutches and she suddenly stopped. "i could never do this with matt. he would complain how boring it is, but you Emily maxwell, amaze  me everyday with how patient you are with me. i love you." she gave me a quick peck on the nose  and kept walking.

after about and hour of shopping we made it back to my house and watched more tv and cuddled. that's my favorite thing to do with her. well actually just as long as she's with me, everything i do with her is my favorite thing.