Chapter 18

As I'm with Rachel I tell her " we need to talk" she looked at me a little confused, "about what" she says " about you pressing charges on Matt" she looked hurt but I wasn't gonna let him get away with this. "an officer is coming in to talk to you about what happened and you need to tell them" she just looked at me a tear fell down her face "okay" she said her voice shaking.

Rachel's point of view

An hour later an officer came in, "how are you doing" he asked me I looked up at him "I could be better" he smiled and said " I need you to tell me everything that happen last night" I looked at him I was clearly upset "okay" " it all started when I showed up to the beach, we were having a get together because the basketball team made it to states, so I was walking towards the beach and my ex boyfriend Matt grabbed my arm, it took me by surprise I asked him to let go of me, he didn't I keep trying to push him off but his grip got tighter we started arguing and he hit me, he said he wanted to get back together with him, I told him we could hoping that he would let go of me and stop hurting me, he looked at me and said I was lying he said "you lying bitch" I got scared and started panicking so as I was yelling at him to let go of me he slapped me I fell and got back up I hear Emily running towards us but she wasn't fast enough that's when he punched me in my stomach and kept kicking me everywhere, by the time Emily came I was lying on the floor she tackled him and called one of her friends he came running and he held him down till you guys got here" that's pretty much it " he looks at me and said "would you like to press charges" " yes" I said.

Emily's point of view
After hearing the story I was upset and angry words can't even describe the hatred I'm feeling for Matt right now. The officer looks at me " who are you?" He asked "I'm Emily" I state he said if he can hear my side I told him what I witnessed and he just nodded and left. "Oh Rachel I'm sorry you had to go through that" I said "where are your parents?" I asked she looked at me and said " business trip" I nodded. "Everything's gonna be alright" I said to myself. She drifted off to bed as I sat in shock, still shocked about what happened and still shocked that I didn't make it in time.