Twenty-Nine: Because I love you, Gerard Way

WARNING!!! this has some suggestive stuff in it, so read at your discretion! I tried to not go overboard, but some readers might not find it to be 'calm' enough. just warning you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray‘s POV

Bob and I stared at the clock, excited to see our girls again. We made sure Frank and Gerard had plans elsewhere for the next while, so we could have some time with them, too. Lucky for me, Gerard had this brilliant idea for some sort of comic book thing and the hotel we were in had a great bar - both men were entertained for a while.

“I’ll get it!” Bob exclaimed, running for the door the moment someone knocked. It was my baby girl, her sister nowhere in sight. I held her to my chest, glad to see she was safe. Not that I didn’t trust Jon, or anything. I was more concerned that her ‘best friend’ Brendon would get her into some stupid situation that would cause a broken bone.

“How’re things going for you guys, so far?” she asked, plopping down on my bed.

“Pretty good. Nothing major to complain about.”

“No crazy fan stories?”

“Just the usual; bra’s and panties being thrown on stage a few nights a week,” I smiled.

“How many did you keep?” she asked.

I held my hand to my chest. “Why would you assume that I, a happily engaged man, would keep such a filthy memento -“

“Oh please, honey. They have nearly a bin full of them,” Chastity answered, coming in with a few bottles of water for each of us. Bob gave up in searching for Nicole and joined us in the room.

“I think she went to check out the pool area,” Helena explained.

Bob nodded. “Oh, okay, that’s fine. I know she loves to swim and... aww sh!t! Frank! I’ll kill that man one of these days!”

He raced out of the room, determined to separate his daughter and her boyfriend before anything embarrassing happens in public. Helena looked around the small room, searching.

“So how long do we get to see you girls?” I asked.

“Just one night. We’re gonna leave a day earlier for Canada than we had planned, to give us some time to adjust,” she answered. “Where is everyone else?”

“Mikey and Alicia are in their room watching a movie, I think,” I answered.

“And Gerard?”

“He’s in the room over, creating yet another masterpiece. Want to go talk to him?” Chastity asked.  She nudged me when I opened my mouth to object.

“I have a question for him,” she mumbled.

“Wait! Can’t I spend more than two minutes with you first?” I begged.

She smiled. “Relax, dad. I’m just gonna ask a question. I’ll be back before you know it.”

“Hey...”

She sighed before turning back around. “Yes, dad?”

“Listen, if you need more time I’d be more than willing to drive you and Nicole to the venue myself.”

“More time for what?”

“For whatever.”

She shrugged. “Sure, I guess. Thanks.”

“Anything for you, sweetheart!”

She walked through the door, closing it quietly behind her. Chastity put one hand on my knee, knowing how much more they were going to do than discuss a single question. But I knew that it was time that I let her go. She’s growing up; I need to accept that.