• two •

The sound of your alarm jolts you awake. You grab your phone and shut it up, only to roll over and shut your eyes tight, so you didn't have to face the reality of the morning. The morning that you had to start in your new school.

It takes a few good minutes, but you finally decide to get up, now or never. You are tired, yes, but you are also nervous, to the point where you feel sick to the stomach.

You'd already packed your stuff for school, and have an outfit laid out. It consists of a (F/C) sweater, some jeans, and a pair of black converse. As simple as possible. You don't want to be judged on your first day.

Getting dressed, you try to ignore that anxious twist in your stomach. You tell yourself you're gonna be be fine. You are gonna be fine. You keep repeating it, maybe you could make yourself believe it if you said it enough.

You had Tyler after all, and you had arranged to meet him down the street so you could walk together to school. In ten minutes.

IN TEN MINUTES?

"Shihtzus and Labradors!"  You face palm, cursing to yourself aloud. You're gonna be late. You run into the bathroom, do everything you need to do but with twice the amount of speed and alarm.

Almost falling down the stairs, you swing on your backpack and make your way out of the front door. You then glance at your phone, and sigh in relief to see you are only a few minutes late.

"(Y/N)!" You look up to see a beaming Tyler, waving from across the street, his fiery little eyes squinting in the sun. It is a relieving sight.

You wave up high, waiting for the road to be clear so you can sprint across.

"Sorry I'm kinda late" You breath out, adjusting your bag as you both started walking.

"Meh, It's okay. Not gonna lie I was also kinda late too, I thought you'd left without me." He admits, running his hand through his hair and replacing his black cap.

You laugh a little, "Really? I don't even know how I'd get to school without you" He just smiles.

"Do you mind if we walk with Jenna?"

"Not at all" You smile to yourself.

He had told you about her before. She is his girlfriend and she obviously means a lot to him. Any one who is Tyler's friend is yours.

You feel a lot less nervous now, maybe it is the morning breeze, or just being around Tyler. He has this peaceful air about him that makes you think everything will be okay.

You come to a house on the corner of a street, it's front yard full of flowers. Tyler brings out his phone and you assume he texts someone. "This is where she lives, she'll be out in a second"

You nod, and then just on time the front door of the house opens,
and a girl with shoulder-short blonde hair speeds down the steps leading to the pavement.

"Heeeeey!" She greets Tyler with a hug and pretty smile. She turns to you, her vivid blue eyes squinted in a grin "You're (Y/N) right?"

"Yup, that's me!" You smile back at her. She just radiates positivity and it kinda rubbed off on you. "Great to meet ya, I'm Jenna" She reaches to shake your hand, which you accept.

"I didn't think you would be as cool in real life as Ty described you, but I was wrong!" She compliments. You blushed, not expecting someone you'd just met to say something so lovely.

"Haha thanks, I should say the same about you" You both look to Tyler, who laughs nervously; probably thinking about all the things he gushed about her that day you met.

"You know what (Y/N), I'm sure we'll be best friends" She states matter of fact-ly, flinging an arm over your shoulder. You giggle, and you never giggle.

* • * • * • *

Hope you enjoyed :D I know I promised Josh in this chapter, but I've had a very busy week, so I thought to upload this short one now. Next chapter will be loads longer, I promise. It's finally summer break for us in England, so look forward to more frequent uploads.

stay street 💖