• six •

"See you later!" Jenna hugs you goodbye, like you've known each other for years. It makes you smile, and it doesn't leave your face for a while as you walk home.

You reach your front door, sighing. Out of tiredness or contentedness, you don't know, but it's sure been a heck of a day.

Stumbling through the door way, you call out to your mom, "I'm home!"

She comes down the stairs, a careful smile on her face, "Good day?"

When you nod, she seems more than relieved, "Good!.. Good" and she envelopes you in hug.

"I made a few new friends!" You say and hang up your bag, turning back to your mom. "Three actually, Jenna, Tyler, Josh... and they wanna hang out later if that's okay?"

"See, what did I tell you?  You're like a little bonfire, people just gather around you!"

You laugh little, still desperate for a yes.

"..and of course! Just let me know where you are.. and update me on things, yeah?"

You jump a little in joy, "Oh thank you!  Well, Josh is gonna come pick me up and we are going to the arcade..."

A text tone distracts you, it's Josh himself telling you he'll pick you up in half an hour -

"if thats ok :)"

"...In half an hour?" you ask your mom for recognition.

"Yes that's fine, Josh you say?"

"hmm yeah, please don't start mom" she pretends to zip her mouth shut, and you laugh lightly.

see, its funny mom cause you may be joking but, i kinda already have a tiny crush on him anyway.

----

Your phone vibrates, and you almost trip over when you try to reach for it and pull your shoe on at the same time. You decided on a more "you" outfit for this evening, since you have successfully made friends.

(you can make a cute lil outfit up in your mind :) )

When you pick up, you hear the bright smiley voice of Joshua, "Hey! I'm outside, you are (house number) right?"

"Uhh.. yeah" You laugh at yourself for not even remembering it well. "I'll be out in a minute"

"Okayy byeeee" Josh sings, you blush like an idiot, laugh, then hang up.

You are surprised to see a big black four by four right outside of your house when you leave. His parents must trust him, or be rich.

Appearing around the front of the car, Josh rushes to open the passenger door for you with a grin.

"Why, thank you!" You exclaim with a laugh, he nods regally - laughing too, shortly after.

Once you hop in, you find yourself next to Jenna, Tyler in the front with Josh.

"Hi! Love your outfit!" You find yourself flustered at Jenna's compliment.

"haha... thanks!"

Tyler twists in his seat, "Hey pal!" and gives you an unexpected high five.

"You good at arcade games?"

"No idea"

"You will be, unless you ditch us for other people you'll be coming back here a lot!" Tyler says and turns back around, and Josh nods in agreement.

You laugh, "don't worry, you guys are cool"

"you know it" Josh meets your eyes in the wind mirror, raising his eyebrows sassily.