• four •

"Welcome back everyone!" A middle aged teacher greets, before taking a sip from his teacher mug that had some sort of stupid teacher pun proudly displayed.

There is a chorus of lazy replies across the class, and he looks upon the students as if looking for someone.

You shuffle in your chair as his eyes land on you.

"You!" He points to you, you almost jump. You try to mirror his grin.

"New kid right?"

You have to nod, although every bone in your body is urging you not to. "Want to introduce yourself to the class?" No no no nopity nope never.

You force the words out before you comlpetley bail out and run from your responsibilities. "Uhm - I uh, I'm Y/N and I'm from H/T" You bite your lip, an anxious habit if yours.

"Well, Y/N from H/T, I'm sure you'll have a great time here at Greenfield!" He nods to himself and starts calling out names in the class.

All the while you can't stop glancing over at Josh, his seat to the left of you, a row in front.

He exchanges whispers with Tyler, who keeps giggling and elbowing him in a teasing manner. You can't help but wonder what they are talking about.

Jenna nudges you softly, "I think he likes you already, don't worry" she gives you this sideway smile like she knew something you didn't.

You raise an eyebrow, unsure of what she's getting at, although you hope she is right.

"I can tell you are nervous, but I got ya back. And so does Tyler...and Josh of course." She finishes with a little laugh.

You nod, feeling a little better. It makes you feel all warm inside that they have claimed you as their friend so quickly. You feel like you belong, as stupid as it sounds.

• • •

Jenna was truthful in what she told you that morning, giving you mini tours of class rooms, tips about the lunchroom lines, and helping you with your locker.

You are very thankful for Jenna, you have a feeling you would be quite lost without her.

Walking down the halls you see a few people waving and saying hi to Tyler, Josh and Jenna.

You don't feel uncomfortable though, as Tyler keeps introducing you to everyone, although the new faces and names where a blur to you.

They aren't exactly popular, but you could tell they have a school presence. Maybe it's because Tyler is in the basketball team (and the school is quite small).

The loud bell rings again, making you jump. You blush when Josh catches your eye and laughs silently.