six

My obligation was to three people. My lord, my God, and Madame Therese. However, the Lord had poisoned my brain into voiding out the other two. My personal relations with him meant my responsibility to Madame Therese was invalid, and my love of God proved futile. I was a horrid hypocrite. Screaming about how much I love god and despise Lucifer yet here I was- obeying Lucifer's lustful ways and forgetting about the promise of marriage.

I felt a deep sense of disappointment inside me. One that I had never felt before. This was the stench of sin, and it was unbearable. All my nutrients poured out of me along with tears. I could not sleep, I could not maintain my consumptions. I am in a living nightmare, and the golden gates of the manor became my special hell.

My eyes snapped open to meet the lord's winsome face. He was far into sleep, the receipts of his dreams being told through his light snores. I stood on my feet, naked and cold before finding a long linen tunic which belonged to him. I wrapped my body in it and fluttered away on my toes- careful to not make a sound.

The lord must have felt the void that used to be filled in his arms because he awoke before I could leave his apartments. I was in the second bedroom when he called me.

I sighed, walking back to the lord sheepishly. My face flushed a red color when I saw his bare body. I diverted my eyes to the ceiling- which was painted with clouds- to be respectful.

"You left." He says sternly. "I never granted you permission to leave."

"I am sorrowful, but my duty is to your wife. She and her friends have a picnic today and she requested for her hair to be done."

"There are thousands of servants, but only one mistress. Come closer."

"I am grateful to her, I want to be of assistance please let me-"

"My resent towards her will only grow if you leave. You do not want that, correct?"

"You know I would dread it."

"Then come and sit on my lap, without my clothing."