thirty + eight

I stayed in the bedroom for the entire day until they awoke. I sat in the resting portion of the room, which was about twenty feet from the bed. My children and I were on the floor. Their bodies were still young and limp as they laid down, looking around with their beautiful blue eyes curiously.

These children were so lovely. Their skins were a perfect light olive color, accented by their  dark unruly hair. They had the most enchanting eyes and the prettiest giggles. They were truly the most beautiful in all the lands.

In a month from today they shall receive their christening. I am beyond excited to revisit my dear friend, Pope Emmençe III, in Paris. I hoped they children would withstand the journey elegantly.

My men woke up at four o'clock. Harry awoke first. He looked confused when he woke up to hugging Zayn. He stood up quickly and started singing out profanities, until his eyes met mine.

"Please tell me this is not-"

"No, you did not. This is all so amusing. I spoke with the guards. You and Zayn were out of your minds last night. I fell asleep hours before and you both went looking for me. You entered when my maiden was changing me and the rest of it is too inappropriate for the boys to hear. Quite amusing if I do say so myself."

The maidens took this as their signal. They retrieved my sons and brought them to a room located beside mine, which was for when they are ill. Being beside a mother and sensing her love cures almost anything.

Harry looked horrified.

"You took turns, do not worry you will not receive eternal damnation."

"I am so sorry Aurelie.. we.. I raped you."

"You are my husband, Harry. My body is yours and yours is mine therefore you may do what you please with it. It did not hurt me. I enjoyed it according to the guards. My body screamed in joy."

"They're dead for watching, listening and speaking to you." Zayn said. He was now awake and furious. I smiled at him, and when he did not return it I frowned. I stood up and walked to him before putting my index finger on both sides of his lips. I pulled them up so he smiled back to me. It was forced but it was still there.

He took my fingers away from his mouth and replaced it with my lips. He pulled me down onto the bed, flipping us so I was beneath him. His lips roamed my neck before crossing to my stomach. I giggled at the feeling before pushing him away. Harry's eyes were dark with jealousy as he picked me up off the bed and pushed me against the wall. His lips attacked mine in a way they never had before.

His kiss was not sweet like it used to be. Instead it was passionate. As if all his feelings about everything was finally bleeding though.

Throughout everything, Harry has been terrific. He is an incredible man and an even better husband and father. He is always there for me, and understands me better than I understand myself. I love him for that.

But I like this new side of him. It was as if a layer was finally peeling and I could find a new side of Harry.

Yes, the charming and happy Harry was lovely but it is not always rainbows and butterflies. It is sea storms followed by rain. A low to every high and a high to every low.

It excited me to witness this new side of him. To finally get to know who he is.

But I could not help but wonder.. is this really who he is or is this who he is because of me?

Within seconds Harry was pushed away and replaced by Zayn. The cycle endured. One second it was my lover, the next it was my beloved husband. Throughout this chaos I wondered when the rain will come to calm the seas.