4

Kian's POV
   I park my car and get out. I walk up to the coffee shop and go in. Once I arrive at the counter I order my drink and wait for it. When the barista calls my name, I grab my coffee and go sit down at a booth with a plug next to it. I pull out my phone and my charger and for the next 20 minutes I drink my coffee and play on my phone.
  After I finish my coffee, I get up and throw away the cup and walk towards the door. As I open the door and look up I see a face that I haven't seen in 3 years.

Madelyn's POV
"Mads?"
*flash back*
I'm racing out of the restaurant and tears are streaming down my face. He's moving to California. California. Across the country. I can't believe it. Before I know it I am at my car, opening my door.
"MADY", I turn towards the source of my name being called and saw Kian running towards me.
   "What Kian, are you here to beg me to take you back because it's not happening. I know I sound dramatic but you promised. You promised Kian. We would grow old together and I would have my happy ending. But you lied just like everyone else and tired of it. Do you,go move to California like everyone else is and leave me here in small town Iowa, okay. I can't do this anymore"
  I get in my car and take off. As I am driving the tears start coming heavier and faster. I get to a rest stop and have to pull over.
I frikin love Kian so much. So much that not even words can explain it. We have known each other since we were kids and we have dated since the beginning of  high school.
4 years. And he is going to throw it all away. I just don't understand. When I realize the tears have dried up I turn on a song that was perfect for the 'event': Cry Pretty by Carrie Underwood.
When I get to my favorite part of the song I start sobbing again.
" You can't turn off the flood when the dam breaks, when all your mascara is going to waste, you just gotta face that you can't cry pretty"
By the time the song is over I am at home and I run to my bed and before I know it I am sound asleep.
*end of flashback*
After I hear Kian refer to me as a name that I haven't heard in years, I am frozen. I am so shocked. I didn't think I would ever see him again.
"Mads, did you hear me?" Kian asks.
"Don't call me that, okay. That was over when you left 3 years ago."
I turn around and walk back to my car. Before I get to the door I feel a hand grab my wrist.
"Mady, listen to me"
"What do you want Kian"
"Go on a date with me"
"No"
"Madelyn please"
"No"
"How about this. I take you on a date and if you feel like leaving at anytime you can"
"If I say yes will you leave me alone"
"Yes"
"Then, yes"
"Hey Kian?"
"Yes Mady"
"Let go of my wrist"
"Oh sorry"
As I get in my car and pull out of my parking spot, Kian stops me. I roll down my window.
"What"
"I need your number"
"It's the same as when you left"
"Oh okay then, bye"
I left the parking lot not knowing how to feel. I end up choosing to be basic this morning and get Starbucks since I couldn't get my original coffee.