13

*few months later*
  Mady's POV
  I spend most days laying on Kian's or Fran's bed in a ball not wanting to go anywhere. The loss of the baby hit us all pretty hard.
  *flashback*
I've had a so called "common cold" for a few weeks so far decided to go to the doctor to see what was going on.
When I got to the doctors, they had me take a urine test just to see if anything was up. After awhile the doctor came into the room to tell me the great news.
"So when we had your urine tested to see if you had drugs in your system or if you had any infection, we came back with a positive pregnancy test."
" I-I'm pregnant?"
"Yes M'aam"
"Oh my god..."
"That would explain the nausea and the headaches."
I left the doctors office not knowing where I was going. When I arrived at where my mind took me, I figured it was the right place to be. But I can't tell Kian yet. I have to talk to Kara.
I walk up to Kara's door and knock. When the door opens I look Kara in the eyes and start sobbing. She engulfs me in a hug and takes me to the living room.
We talked for awhile and I told Kara everything. From who the father is to how stressed I was about having this baby. After a few hours we walked over to Kian's house to tell him the news.
I knock on the door and Jc opens it. "Is Kian home?"
"Yes,"
"Where is he?"
"In his room"
I turn to Kara and tell her to head home and that I will be fine from here. I hug her and thank her and head inside.
For a minute I just stood at Kian's door not knowing how to tell him. Eventually I opened his door to find him editing a video. I knock on the door to get his attention.
"Oh hey Mads, whatcha doin here"
"I have something to tell you"
I lay my hand in my stomach and look Kian in the eye.
"You're gonna be a dad"
"I'm gonna be a dad? IM GONNA BE A DAD!"
Kian jumped up and down like a child and I was surprised. He came over and kissed me and then kissed my stomach. This might just work out.
*End of flashback*
Kian's POV
I walk into my bedroom to find Mady laying in my bed reading. She has been reading a lot. I feel bad for her. The loss was really hard on all of us but mostly on her. I mean the baby was growing inside her.
I join her on my bed and wrap my arms around her.
I feel her turn towards my chest and after a few minutes I feel her crying. I look at her book and it's about why miscarriages happen.
*flashback*
Mads and Fran went out for ice cream. It's been a few weeks since we found out about the baby, actually 7 weeks to be exact. Mady is 2 months pregnant and has the tiniest baby bump ever.
I heard the front door unlock so that means Mady and Fran are back. I run down stairs to greet Mady and Franny.
We put away groceries and Mady and I decide to head upstairs to watch a movie.
Once we are all settled on the bed Mady starts to look like she is in pain.
"Mads are you okay"
I lay my hand on her stomach and she groans. I pick her up bridal style and carry out to the car, all the while calling for Fran and telling her to come on.
When we arrive at the ER Kara, Mady's bestfriend, is there with a wheel chair waiting for us. I carry Mady to the wheel chair and we wheel her in.
It's been a couple hours. The doctors have ran a few tests and said they will be back with results.
After about half an hour the doctor comes back.
She sits on the end of Mady's bed and comfortingly touches Mady's leg.
"Sweetie, I'm so sorry, you've had a miscarriage."
The next thing I hear is Mady sobbing.
*flashback ends*
Kara and I have been talking about ways to get Mady out of the house. We thought ice cream, but then that would remind of the day. Then we thought like an amusement park, then decided against that.
Eventually we decide on taking her to see a movie she had really wanted to see, "The Greatest Showman".
We have tickets for 8:30 so I help Mady get ready and we head out the door. We decide to go to Cheesecake Factory before the movies.
After we watched the movie we headed home and ended up just going to sleep.

Mady's POV
Kara and Kian took me to the movies tonight. It was a nice gesture. I know they are the ones that took the loss hardest out of our friends. That is other than me. I have barely ate or moved since I lost the baby. I have Kian though and he made sure I ate and got enough sleep and got enough fresh air.
I really do love him.