Gone

*Mentions death*

Relationship status: together
:::14.20

Andy's POV.
It was just an ordinary day besides that we had nothing to do. It was nice to relax, so I wasn't upset that we were staying home today. Rye and I were lying on his bed. With my head on his chest and our legs tangled together, I was at peace. So when I got a phone call from my dad I didn't even bother holding the phone, I just put it on speaker and put it on Rye's bare chest.

"Hi, dad!"

"Hey buddy, how are you? What are you doing?"

"Great, me and Rye are having a lazy day," I said looking upon Rye.

"Hey, Mr Fowler," Rye said.

"Hi, Ryan. Well there is no easy way to say this Andrew," it was first now I noticed how heartbroken he sounded. "Your mother, s-she just passed away. It was a heart attack." Rye gasped, and I could see him tearing up.

I couldn't believe this, the one person who had been there for me since day one. She couldn't be gone. I could hear myself crying. But I couldn't understand that she was gone. I had never thought that she might leave this world. That I would never see her again, never feel the reassurance of her smile.

"No," it was like I was listening to myself rather living my life. "Please no" Rye hugged me closer. I could feel him, but I was numbing.

"Hey, Andrew? She was peaceful in the end the doctors did what they could" My dad said, "can you come home?"

I was still in shock. I couldn't move, or think all I could do was cry. It wouldn't sink in; my mother is gone, I would never see her again.

"I will drive him home tomorrow. So we'll be there in the afternoon." Rye said, tears streaming down his cheecks as they had ever since dad said she was gone.

"Thank you, Ryan," then he added. "Please take care of my boy."

"Always," Rye said.

They continued speaking, but I couldn't hear anything. I just cried.

:::14.40

Rye's POV.
I couldn't believe that she was gone. She was the sweetest person ever, she had treated me like her son, and now I would never meet her again. I held onto Andy while he cried. I did too, but it wasn't as hopeless as his sobbing.

The other boys came in laughing and just froze when they saw us. Andy was lying on me sobbing, and I was holding on to him tightly, tears silently falling.

"What happened?" Jack asked sitting down on the coffee table.

"His mother passed away," I say seeing that Andy won't be able to answer. "Can someone get Blair? And then can we have some privacy. I think he needs some time."

Brooklyn goes to get Blair after they all gave their condolences to Andy and agreed to give some space.

While we wait I realise that Andy has fallen asleep. I can feel the tears he left on my chest, but I don't mind. We're both heartbroken, but Andy must have had his soul crushed.

"What happened?" Blair asks he walks in.

I hold up a finger to my lips to signal for him to be quiet. Showing him that Andy was sleeping.

"His dad called and told us that his mother has died. She died a couple of hours ago." I whispered.

Blair shook his head. "How terrible."

"I told his dad that I would drive him home tomorrow," I say hesitantly.

"Of course, I'll cancel what I can, and you guys take the break he needs. I think he needs you there."

I nod and look down at my baby. He must have been set on an emotional rollercoaster.

"Thank you," I say looking up at Blair again.

"Losing family is the worst feeling in the world. He'll need support. And it'll take time for it to sink in," he says like he had been through it too many times before.

After ruffling my hair, he left us. I stayed like that all day, while Andy slept and comforted him when he would wake up. When dinner time rolled around, I stayed with him.

Through the day Andy had woken up and burst into tears or started screaming, and when he was out of tears, he would shake. It hurt to see him like that, but I knew he just needed me to be there and hug him when cried, calm him down when he screamed. And when Andy ran out of tears and had lost his voice, I just held him. He just starred out through the window. I could see that his heart is broken, that his soul was crushed and it broke my heart. Because I love him and seeing him this way broke me, seeing him cry uncontrolbly.

:::01.47

When I was sure he was sleeping, I gently rolled him off me and placed a blanket on top of him.

I started to pack a large bag for the two of us. Andy's dad said the funeral was to be as soon as possible. So I grabbed some clothes for all occasions.

Andy started to stir as I finished putting the last things in the bag. He was moving around like he was looking for something. I quickly realised that he was reaching for me and wasn't there. I move quickly to sit down by his side.

"Hey, I'm here, try to sleep babe," I say calmly stroking his cheek.

He sat up, "Rye, I know she's gone, but I can't understand that I will never meet her again. I never thought-" his voice broke and tears started falling.

"I can't start to imagine how it feels, but I promise to be here for you. I love you, Andy."

I pulled him into a hug, and I heard a muffled "I love you too."

:::08.53

Andy's POV.
I woke up in Rye's arms as he was playing with my hair. Yesterday's memories returned to me, and I started to think of how much work I must have been for Rye. He had taken care of me when I was sobbing, screaming and just been there to hold me.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For always being there for me, and yesterday you helped me when it was at it worst," I say looking up at him.

"I did that because I love you," he leaned down and kissed my lips slowly. "And I'm sorry, she was an amazing woman, I know that the pain won't disappear ever, but it will become easier. And I think she had a great life. You might think why did she have to leave, and I know this won't help, but she was the most beautiful. And when you pick flowers, those are the ones you pick first."

"I love you too," I laid back down letting his arms hold me.

"We have to go soon if we want to get there before dark. So let's eat breakfast then we can go."

I twisted in his arms and kissed him.

"But we have to pack."

"No, I did that last night. Go on get up and get dressed." He tried to sit up, but I wouldn't let him.

"You are too perfect," I say and hug him.

"Can't disagree with facts," he says smirking.

:::
Sorry it was a bit of a downer, 😭. Thank you for reading. Please leave request/suggestions in the comments.

❤️