If You Haven't Seen the Light

**TRIGGER WARNING: mentions physical/physiology/verbal abuse in the home. As well as an alcoholic parent **

Relationship status: classmates
Age: 17(both)
:::

Andy Fowler was the type of boy that girls would go for after they were dumped by the cool guy. He was a sweetheart, such kind boy that he had trouble turning them down even though he played for the other team. Andy was always there to talk or help, this had broken his heart a couple of times, but Andrew never stopped being the sweetest lovable guy. He wasn't popular, yet everyone knew him and thought he was kind. He wasn't alone, he had his close friends, Jack, Harvey and Brook.

Even though most friendships that were made early in life didn't last, everyone knew this group of friends would stay together forever. They just got each other. They didn't study much, but they didn't disturb the lessons either. Mr Fowler's grades were just above the ones of an average college student.

His attitude was relaxed about most things and would often sit up late into the night reading, engulfed by the book; or just staying up binge-watching a tv series on Netflix, lost entirely in the fictional world, only to be asked if he was still watching. That's when he would take the hint and try to sleep - sometimes he would find himself unable to fall into rest and would then continue watching after only twenty minutes.

The things he was passionate about was singing and writing songs. Andy could stay up for hours pouring his heart out into poems or lyrics that he would keep to himself. He would easily take the roof down with a cover but singing his own song felt so vulnerable he wanted to avoid it; to this day only five people had ever heard him sing one of his songs. His mother, of course, his three best friends who Andrew shared almost everything with and Ryan who had heard him singing and playing the guitar after a Music lesson. He had immediately told him how amazing it was and demanded to hear more of it. Rye's eyes had lit up in a way so that Andy couldn't say no.

This was the life he knew. The only life the blond knew, the one in a house with his mother. As it always had been, the two of them. He didn't like thinking about the dad that had left even before he was born, he told himself it was better without him, a flaky guy who hadn't cared to stay.

He said himself not to worry about the things he couldn't change, this greatly helped his friends when they felt stressed. He would just have a calming chat with them and explain his mindsets to them.

His mother was the loveliest, just like her son. All his friends loved her for the hospitality and kindness that she showed them. Ms Fowler loved the friendships he had made through his childhood years because they were just right for Andy. How they applauded loudly at every song they got to hear and how they were inseparable. She trusted them not to drag her boy into trouble and knew that when they hung out in the evening, the worst thing they did was stuff their faces with pizza and popcorn. She never worried that he would drink, and she knew if he ever did he would do it responsibly, then tell her, because of the relationship they had. Then probably never do it again, after finding out how gross it actually was.

Ryan Beaumont, on the other hand, was believed to be the bad boy of the generation. His dark locks along with the dark, tatters and ripped clothes - which were only thought of as cool and trendy - gave him a very edgy appearance. His bruised body covered in black and grey tattoos. Giving his classmates and teachers the impression of a rebellious teenager who wanted to punish his parents. His attendance was so poor that some teachers had stopped calling his name and they would be shocked to see him in their class.

But he didn't live up to expectations when he did show up, he sat in the front row taking in every single word. Making clean notes, teachers would be shocked when they saw him complete his assessments first in the class and then getting top marks. So they really couldn't say anything about his attendance record. Nonetheless, his classmates still stuck to their first impressions and believed him to be a bad boy. Some gave that image up, but the people who never saw him in a class were scared of him even though there only was one person Rye would even consider hurting. No, he was always on the receiving end.