In the name of love

Relationship status: not together
:::15.19

Rye's POV.
Maddie and I were alone in the flat. Lying on my bed not speaking, we never did anymore. The spark that had been in the beginning was gone. I kinda wish one of the boys were here, mostly Andy because everything was better when he was here. But no he was out, I had no clue where. Mikey was out with Blair somewhere until tomorrow, running different errands for the band while Jack and Brook were at some hotel. Jack was probably fucking Brook senseless.

I was broken out of my thoughts when I heard the front door closing and then a light knock on my door.

"Hey, Rye ca-" Andy broke off mid-sentence when he saw me and Maddie cuddling in bed. He had been crying and he was out of breath. "Sorry guys, Hi Mads. I'll leave you guys to it." He smiles at Maddie then he goes to close the door.

"Andy, are you alright?" I ask concerned.

"Don't worry about it I'll deal with it," he smiles, but the smile doesn't reach his eyes, then he closes the door and heads towards the Mindy room.

"Mads I think he needs me..."

"Go to him, I know you love him. If something between you two happens, just tell me. I won't be mad. I think we both know what is happening. So in the name of love, I'm letting you go. " I nod not completely sure what she means, but we both know this relationship is going downhill, right now I just want to be with Andy. She kisses my cheek before we both get up. She leaves the flat and I head towards the kitchen.

"Andy?" He looks up at me, his face tears tainted.

"I'm so sorry I walked in on you two," he sounds so sad all I could do was go over to him where he was sitting and pull him up into a hug. I wrap my arms securely around his shoulders.

"That doesn't matter," I say reassuringly. "What happened Fovvs?"

"I don't know, I've just been down all day. I just felt...gross waking up. I-...I don't know." He sounds tired and broken. All I want to do is kiss him and tell him that I'll always love him, but I can't do that, he wouldn't feel the same.

"Andy, you're not gross, you are the most beautiful and amazing person in the world." I could sense him smiling.

"Don't let Maddie hear you say that," something in his voice changed when he said that. Was it jealousy, no it couldn't be.

"Don't worry we broke up, and even if we hadn't, I think she kinda ships Randy."

Goodness Ryan, what are you doing?

"What? When? Why?" He sounds bewildered and happy. "And who doesn't ship us?" I smile and rub his back slowly.

"Like five minutes ago, because we weren't going anywhere. Because it wasn't love." I say pulling him impossibly closer. "Also, no one in their right mind wouldn't ship us."

"Do you?" He asks hesitantly, suddenly more serious.

He doesn't know how much. I decide to avoid the question.

"Do you consider me a person who's in their right mind? Just yesterday day you told me I was crazy." He laughs and takes one of his arms that were wrapped around my waist and smacks me playfully on my side. Then he puts it back where it was.

"Shut up Beaumont and answer the question," he says still playfully. Nuzzling his head into my chest.

"How would I when you tell me to shut up?"

"Figure it out." He replies sassily.

You're asking for it, Fowler.

I pull back slowly, he looks up at me confused. My arms are still around him as his are around me.

At that moment I couldn't think of the consequences it might have on our friendship or on the band, I just wanted to kiss him. And that's what I did.

Good news, he didn't push me away. Better news, he kisses me back, making me smile into the kiss.

Kissing him was nothing like kissing Maddie. I felt sparks flying. And it felt like our surroundings disappeared.

I felt something when I kissed him. Something I hadn't felt when I kissed Maddie. Love. And now I could understand what she had meant by letting me go in the name of love. Not the nonexistent love between us, but for the love between me and Andy.

"Do you ship us?" I ask jokingly after we finally break the kiss.

"Randy for life," I laugh and pull him in again, placing my lips on his.

"So would you like to go on a date on Friday?" He asks me rather breathlessly.

"I'd love to," I said smiling like an idiot.

:::16.37

We were just laying on his bed, tangled together when I got a text, from Maddie. I looked down to see my little Flovvler sleeping on my chest.

M- Maddie
R- Rye

M: So?😏

R: Um, yeah stuff happened between us, sorry

M: Don't be sorry, I think we both let go of the idea of us a while ago, I'm happy for you two. Hope we can be friends?

R: Of course, I'll need someone to gossip to after our date on Friday

M: That was quick, nice going 😏😉👍

M: No seriously, I'm happy for you guys

R: Thank you for being so chill about this

M: Once a Randy shipper, always a Randy shipper😝😏😉🤣

R: 😂 ttyl

M: Ttyl

:::
And that's the end of that one-shot, hope you liked it. I don't know how I feel about it. Like I had a really good idea and it related way more to the song then this, but I had no way of writing it down. So it was lost forever. 👎😥

Send suggestions/requests to me please, message or comment.

❤️