Chapter 7

A/n: I typically don't put these types of things up but I'm letting you know that the story is way out of order and may be kinda confusing. Just as a heads up Is all

~~~

Peter tucked you in on the bottom bunk. He rubbed your arm gently to comfort you. "Wake me up if you need anything or if anything happens. I'm a light sleeper and don't ever be afraid to wake me up." he said softly. He gave you one of his hoodies that ended up being large for you as pajamas.

"Okay... Thank you Peter. You really didn't have to." You replied quietly.

"It's what friends do... They keep each others backs." You smiled at Peters words and rolled to your side to face him better.

"Thanks... Good night Peter." You said rolling over to your other side and you tried to fall asleep.

"Good night (y/n)." he replied before carefully making his way to the top bunk. The only thing that has been going on your mind is Peter... You don't know why but your heart throbs when with him and you feel so safe with him around. You clutched onto the sweater you wore and snuggled into it. You blushed a bit and fell asleep quicker than you thought.

~~~

Your mother nearly crashed through the window all bloody and beat. Her back was snapped in half and her dead glassy eyes just... Stared into your own as she laid half way through the window with her mouth hung open and her eyes just... Staring hauntingly into yours. Her eyes sudden snapped to me and she gave a disturbing smile to you. "Your next." she said in a horrifying tone that made your entire body feel paralyzed.

You suddenly flung up from the bed and let out a scream waking Peter up as well who immediately jumped off the top bunk and came to your side. "(Y/n)! (y-y/n)! What's wrong? What happened?" he asked alerted. Tears steamed down your cheeks and your body shook horribly. Peter sat on the edge of the bed and pulled you to him you had your knees to your chest as he placed you on your lap and wrapped his arms and a blanket around you. "Breathe... Take deep breaths... I'm with you now, everything is going to be okay." he whispered as he rubbed your back. You hesitantly wrapped your arms around him and tried to calm down. You finally calmed down though ended up falling asleep again in his arms. Peter laid down with you on top your head rested against his chest and your legs tangled with his his arms were wrapped around you protectively yet comfortingly. "I hate seeing you like this..." he whispered as he gently pushed back a piece of hair behind your ear. "It's funny... I'm starting to think that I'm... In love with you..." he spoke out like thought you were listening. He gave you a kiss at the top of the head before falling asleep as well.

~~~

The next morning arose and you noticed that you could hear a steady and calm heart beat. Confused by this, you look up to see a sleeping Peter Parker. Your face immediately turned bright red and you looked away from him before he could notice. You felt a slight squeeze around your waste and you turned your head and noticed his arm was around you. You saw your phone light up and you reached over to grab your phone. It read that there was a meeting coming up and everyone needed to go asap. "Shit!" You whispered. You put your phone back up and gently pat Peters cheek. He groaned and finally opened his eyes.

"Oh... Your awake. Want some breakfast?"he asked as he sat up and rubbed his eye. You ended up sitting in his lap.

"No Peter. I gotta head out. Thank you for having me and comforting me last night. I'll see you tomorrow though." You said as you got your shoes on and grabbed your phone.

"Oh alright. Do you want me to walk you home?" he asked as he got out of the bed.

"Uh... No thanks. My house is pretty far away." You replied. "But I'll give you my number and I will text you later." You added. You gave Peter a tight hug and he hugged you back. You waved goodbye and left his house and quickly made way to an ally to teleport home. Once home, you snapped your fingers and changed into your hero outfit as you made it to the conference room. "What's going on?" you asked.

"Well... After the whole Ultron thing. We've all been told to stand down and retire and leave it to the government to whatever comes up." Tony explained. Your eyes narrowed and you frowned.

"That's bullshit. Since when have they EVER done anything about these invasions?! And what are they going to do? Shoot them with guns that don't do anything?" You asked enraged. "We are the Avengers. Our job is to protect everyone and that was our duty from the start and when all of you created this group."

"We have destroyed so many buildings because of that! We clearly haven't saved everyone at that time now did we?!" Tony shot back.

"Clearly we couldn't but that doesn't mean you couldn't have tried!"

"ENOUGH!" Tony screamed. Everyone fell silent and you sat down with arms crossed as you shook your head.

"I honestly agree with (y/n) here. We were built to protect and serve and create a relatively safe place for everyone. It is our job to continue to do this." Steve stepped in. You gave him a smile and he returned it before going back to Tony. "I'm not going to sign the paper agreeing to resigning. Especially when the same guy who had brutally killed (y/n) parents is on the lose." your eyes widened at his statement.

"W-what?" You asked standing up. "How did you find him?!"

"I found his records and the names of your parents were brought up." Steve replied. You rushed over to him and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you so much! We need to get him!" You exclaimed.

"I wish I could but we need to deal with all of this first." nodded understanding.

~~~

Everyone was given the papers about standing down. You read through it but didn't sign it. "I'm not doing it... Especially with that asshole who turned my life into hell is out there probably plotting something big." You told Tony. Before he could protest, you left the room and went for Steve.

"I never would have thought the Avengers would ever split..." he suddenly spoke out. You glanced up at him and gave a sigh.

"Expect the unexpected I guess." You replied.

~~~~~

You:

Strength: 3.5

Smarts: 9.3

Agility: 5

Magic use: 9

Weapon use: 3

Peter Parker:

Strength: 6.7

Smarts: 7.8

Agility: 7.9

Magic use: 0

Weapon use: 5.9

Steve:

Strength: 8.8

Smarts: 7.8

Agility: 7. 8

Magic use: 0

Weapon use: 5

Tony:

Strength: 9.6

Smarts: 9.7

Agility: 9.8

Magic use: 0

Weapon use: 9.8